Apple is expecting to sell a ton of iPhone 14 units

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Apple usually generates monstrous sales during the third iteration of a given iPhone design. Like the iPhone 7 being the third iteration of the iPhone 6 design.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
The prediction Apple will be selling tons of iPhones isn’t exactly up there with Nostradamus. And this is Bloomberg. Trying to be nice about it, as possible, but they like to engage in Apple gossip (they were predicting iPhone cuts some months back).
The safe play right now: don’t bet against Apple. They overwhelmingly have been VERY ‘on point’ for a couple of years regarding product family execution. When they do this to match it up with the name brand and tight product offering? That’s gold. Watch, Wireless Earbuds and Tablets markets, there is Apple then there is everyone else. On the smartphone premium market, there is Apple then everyone else. Apple Silicon has brought the Mac alive unlike it has in many years (allowing power within form factor that beats virtually anything else….and is price competitive). Apple will likely stumble at some point but for the foreseeable future do not bet against Apple.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Apple is reportedly expecting to sell as many of its iPhone 14 models as it did with the iPhone 13 last year. Full story from the iMore Blog...

Is this not the expectation every year? The iPhone is an extremely popular smartphone and has been since its inception. It’s not perfect and it is not for everyone, however, millions of people throughout the world have one and prefers it over other brands. Period.

Having said that, yes Apple is expecting to sell as many iPhone 14 models as it did with the iPhone 13. Whether or not the iPhone 14 outsells the iPhone 13 remains to be seen.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
“ With the release of the iPhone 14, I might, just might get an iPhone 13.

Still on my iPhone 13 Pro Max…”

I’ve been engaging in weekend ‘cheer’ :) so apologies if I miss the point or intended sarcasm. But if the iPhone 14 comes out you just may get an iPhone 13 to replace what your still on, iPhone 13? Hey I’m all for buying last year’s model this year to achieve substantial savings but in your case I’d strongly advise keeping your iPhone 13 versus getting an iPhone 13 :)

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
That’s a valid point. One thing I’d add is I think Apple is trying to move into newer markets by selling last year’s model at price points that the new markets can afford. There’s a HUGE market out there that Apple barely touches. IF that new market strategy is true then the newest model sales numbers are a bit more of Bloomberg clickbait and a Wall Street insta-celebration versus Apple’s bigger picture. Apple’s retention numbers and “sticky” ecosystem make getting any iphone model into new customers hands a highest priority. Any model iPhone user then substantially increases sales of AirPods watches iPads apps services, get exposed to Apple’s home products, accessories, even a now outside possible consideration for a Mac, and the critical buying of a new replacement iPhone in 3 or 4 or 5 years.

So to make my long story short ;-), November’s Earnings report providing the total IPhone sales revenue is what matters, the mix of sales less so. Certainly the 14’s intro sales splash matters (having big intro numbers matters to most companies) but if it doesn’t hit 13s number? Just not as important as that total iPhone revenue line and what that means to Apple focus on recurring revenue by growing non iPhone business (especially but not limited to apps, subscriptions and services).

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm curious to see if the Pro models drop off in sales, if rumors of a 15% price hike for Pro models only are true. If true, I can see some opting for the non Pro iPhone 14s.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm curious to see if the Pro models drop off in sales, if rumors of a 15% price hike for Pro models only are true. If true, I can see some opting for the non Pro iPhone 14s.

That could be a possibility for the price conscious consumer. However another possibility is that this year with more significant differentiations between the pro and non pro models, might actually increase 14 pro series sales relative to the 14 non pro.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods