Apple’s 9 biggest mistakes and how it fixed them

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
I owned the Newton 120 (I believe that was the model). I didn’t buy it, working at Apple had some perks. I was using “apps”. Insert app specific. card and, for example, there was a map of San Francisco with restaurant types and locations. Obviously hilariously clunky to today’s standards but so far ahead of its time. I didn’t use handwriting recognition much (maybe because it wasn’t good) I would just bring up the keyboard. Imho what Newton lacked was the internet. It would, eventually, come with Wi-Fi but databases/information and the speed/access was just not there. For a soft drink seller, Sculley really did believe in the ultra smart PDA as a social change device. It was his Steve Jobs moment. But it just flat out wasn’t ready. Which leads me to one of Apple’s big mistakes(not @ product), not understanding the company. Mucho pressure on Sculley to be a high volume, low cost seller. This would have required both a culture change and a substantial amount of employee turnover. Ironically this failure is one main reason Apple is what it is today. If that strategy high volume/lower cost would have succeeded, Apple 2022 might be selling 400$ Mac-Chromebooks and competitive cost Apple electric toothbrushes.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2