Welcome to the new-look iMore

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
After overlooking the blog side for years, I can now see myself visiting the site and reading its articles like I used to.

wkgray

Jan 1, 2016
Visit site
Is there an issue with the "New look" working on some iPhones? I have 11Pro, OS ver 15.6. When I open the app, I still see the "Be Back Soon" and app hasn't updated anything since this post Monday, 06/18. When looking for app in App store, the iMore forums app is only one showing. iMore app no longer appears available for download. Any help or suggestions?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Is there an issue with the "New look" working on some iPhones? I have 11Pro, OS ver 15.6. When I open the app, I still see the "Be Back Soon" and app hasn't updated anything since this post Monday, 06/18. When looking for app in App store, the iMore forums app is only one showing. iMore app no longer appears available for download. Any help or suggestions?

Try clearing the cache to see if the page refreshes for you. https://www.iMore.com

m3ach

Mar 12, 2020
Visit site

As far as I can see the app no longer exists on the App Store, so I guess it’s no longer supported?

Bla1ze

Staff member
Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
As far as I can see the app no longer exists on the App Store, so I guess it’s no longer supported?

That is correct, the blog app is no longer available and no longer supported. As I mentioned here, however, the Forums app and Tapatalk will continue to work. The new look of iMore was simply not compatible with the old version of the blog app as it uses a different system entirely. It would require a completely new app.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Have I missed where to turn the dark mode back on? The site is extremely bright now. Desktop PC browser in this case. Most site now have an option to turn it on/off looks like it's gone in this new look?

m3ach

Mar 12, 2020
Visit site
That is correct, the blog app is no longer available and no longer supported. As I mentioned here, however, the Forums app and Tapatalk will continue to work. The new look of iMore was simply not compatible with the old version of the blog app as it uses a different system entirely. It would require a completely new app.

Mmm, seems a retrograde step to me.

Chuck Finley69

Trusted Member
Mar 20, 2017
Visit site
I like the new iMore look and it's what I expected after recent Android Central update. Hopefully, at some point, there will be a new updated app. For now, I'll use the mobile browser for the complete website functionality.

edkwan

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site
I like the cleaner look of the new look iMore.

Any idea how to re-load the homepage please? I keep seeing these generic pics on the front page after multiple refresh but all other pages work perfectly. I am running the latest MacOS 12.5 .... thanks.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-07-24 at 4.27.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-24 at 4.27.34 PM.png
    837.1 KB · Views: 1

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Any idea how to re-load the homepage please? I keep seeing these generic pics on the front page after multiple refresh but all other pages work perfectly. I am running the latest MacOS 12.5 .... thanks.

I also get those missing image placeholders.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
And it also happens the same when view with iPad running the latest OS 15.6 unfortunately.

It was something on the website.

It seems fine this morning.
55747acbe8c88f1e8eea5c0faa28dff2.jpg

edkwan

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site
Still the same for me this morning. It seems to me they are categories or tabs that sit above the "News" section. Here's another screenshot I captured to illustrate.

It was something on the website.

It seems fine this morning.
55747acbe8c88f1e8eea5c0faa28dff2.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-07-25 at 9.25.30 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-25 at 9.25.30 AM.png
    935.6 KB · Views: 1

anachrotech

Aug 14, 2018
Visit site
Have I missed where to turn the dark mode back on? The site is extremely bright now. Desktop PC browser in this case. Most site now have an option to turn it on/off looks like it's gone in this new look?

Agree. I'm okay with the new layout, but I can't tolerate the bright screen for long. I do need dark mode.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
According to one of the forum administrators “It's not built in. Any dark mode would have to come by way of a browser add-on installed by them.”

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't like it. No dark mode, and I found it a bit buggy. Also, the bottom half gets cut off in the TapaTalk built-in browser. I have to take it to Safari for it all to show. I’m not a fan of the layout and design. I’ve seen better on other sites. The design is definitely made more for the blog site, and not the forum. I don’t even see a comments section.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77