Keep your digital library tidy — manage your books in the Books app

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
It is Annie. I’m embarrassed to say I never connected PDFs with the Books app, I use it only for ebooks or audiobooks from AppleBooks. I did a quick test of downloading two PDFs from emails and put them into the app. +1

“If you don't want to see the cover image for a book that has been removed from your device, you can hide it.”
?..Who but the iPhone owner/user would see the cover image for the books in their Books app, and have the need to hide the cover image? Whether you have a how-to rob a bank or an old school raunchy romance novel, you’ll be the only one to see it.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I’ve been putting PDFs into Books forever, that’s all I use it for, Apple Books are expensive and you can’t delete them properly, even the Free ones which I don’t bother to read,if the first few pages are awful.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I’ve been putting PDFs into Books forever, that’s all I use it for, Apple Books are expensive and you can’t delete them properly, even the Free ones which I don’t bother to read,if the first few pages are awful.

Me too! It’s a great place to store owners manuals!

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
?? Apple ebooks are competitively priced. I have kindle unlimited and much of my reading is of the included in membership. However about one a month I’ll buy. When it is a purchased book I always check both Amazon and Apple Books (if it is the same or cheaper I buy from Apple Books). Most frequently they are the same price but occasionally one seller is cheaper than the other. But even when it is different, they usually adjust pricing not too soon after. Last purchased book I read was cheaper on Apple, Uncharted by Tracey Gervais. It was 2.99 on Apple Books and 4.99 on Amazon. Amazon lowered it to 2.99 within the week. I’m betting the publisher has most say on price.
I rarely read best sellers until they aren’t best selling pricing but I did a quick check of top 2 fiction books: Run Rose Run, What happened to the Benefits. Both are selling for the same price.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Me too! It’s a great place to store owners manuals!

Me three. I have several pdf manuals in Books, including the Social Security Benefit payment calendar. The only book is one Apple gave for free. I still prefer reading physical books. I tried on my iPhone, but couldn't concentrate on the story. I like paperbacks! LOL

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Me three. I have several pdf manuals in Books, including the Social Security Benefit payment calendar. The only book is one Apple gave for free. I still prefer reading physical books. I tried on my iPhone, but couldn't concentrate on the story. I like paperbacks! LOL

I prefer actual books but my eyesight is against it ! I have several thousand paperbacks and would have to buy some extra strong spectacles to read my green penguin collection !
I can adjust my phone or pad to a print size that fits how tired I am !

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2