Apple hit with lawsuit over claims it breached New York labor law

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
For 8 years she said nothing, went about her work and got paid on a regular basis. Four years later, she wants to sue for this? In my personal opinion, this person was not and is not hurt by this. Because she was paid bi-weekly, it can be argued she made enough to cover the week she wasn’t paid.

I’m not saying Apple didn’t violate NY State law. What I am saying is I highly doubt this woman was hurt or inconvenienced by not being paid weekly. She is looking for a payout from a former employer with DEEP pockets and she may have found the mechanism to get it.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
For 8 years she said nothing, went about her work and got paid on a regular basis. Four years later, she wants to sue for this? In my personal opinion, this person was not and is not hurt by this. Because she was paid bi-weekly, it can be argue she made enough to cover the week she wasn’t paid.

I’m not saying Apple didn’t violate NY State law. What I am saying is I highly doubt this woman was hurt or inconvenience by not being paid weekly. She is looking for a payout from a former employer with DEEP pockets and she may have found the mechanism to get it.

Yeah, but it's a class action suit thousands might participate in. Everyone's gonna want a piece of that Apple pie.