A security guard at Apple's West 14th street in New York was stabbed on Friday following a dispute with a customer who refused to wear a mask in store.

Full story from the iMore Blog...
    10-09-2021 07:40 AM
    Oh for crying out loud!
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    10-09-2021 03:13 PM
    Sounds like a typical day in Noo Yawk.
    Annie_M likes this.
    10-09-2021 06:04 PM
    I found I could not say what I wanted to, bound to upset some poor fragile person.
    10-10-2021 10:46 AM
    A security guard at Apple's West 14th street in New York was stabbed on Friday following a dispute with a customer who refused to wear a mask in store.

Full story from the iMore Blog...
    I don’t have a problem with the guy being upset, but I do have a problem with him being upset to the point of becoming violent. I mean c’mon man. In today’s pandemic world, he should not be surprised to be asked to wear a mask at certain retail establishments.

Now this guy will probably be charged with attempted murder and spend a good amount of time imprisoned simply because he didn’t want to wear a mask for a few minutes while visiting an Apple Store. What a shame.
    Annie_M and scruffypig like this.
    10-10-2021 11:21 AM
    I found I could not say what I wanted to, bound to upset some poor fragile person.
    The epitome of fragility is doing what you’re told without question.
    10-10-2021 12:26 PM
    You might want to look up fragile in the dictionary for a refresher. Anyway, this person is clearly not stable and needs help or supervision.
    10-10-2021 01:08 PM
    Eh ?
    10-11-2021 11:28 AM
    I think some of you are reading too much into the mask thing. I think this is just typical Noo Yawk behavior that is being reported on nationally under the guise of the mask.
    phlamethrowre likes this.
    10-11-2021 12:12 PM
    I think some of you are reading too much into the mask thing. I think this is just typical Noo Yawk behavior that is being reported on nationally under the guise of the mask.
    Dang…Stabbing a retail security guard for trying to enforce a mask mandate is typical in New York? That’s crazy!
    10-11-2021 02:22 PM
    Dang…Stabbing a retail security guard for trying to enforce a mask mandate is typical in New York? That’s crazy!
    Stabbings in Noo Yawk, period. Just happens to be over this. My point is that Noo Yawk is a craphole.
    10-11-2021 02:27 PM
    Stabbings in Noo Yawk, period. Just happens to be over this. My point is that Noo Yawk is a craphole.
    Oh okay. I get what you’re saying.
    10-11-2021 02:28 PM
    What’s a shame is that we’re not surprised when we hear stuff like this. The pandemic has been going on for over a year and half. Just wear your mask. Period.
    TgeekB and Just_Me_D like this.
    10-11-2021 03:45 PM
    Yes, stabbings only happen in New York.
    10-11-2021 03:47 PM
    Yes, stabbings only happen in New York.
    I didn’t say they only happene in Noo Yawk. I’m saying it’s not surprising that there was a stabbing considering the location.
    10-11-2021 05:06 PM
    I didn’t say they only happene in Noo Yawk. I’m saying it’s not surprising that there was a stabbing considering the location.
    People like to characterize things, people, places they know little about (usually). People who live in the sticks think NY is a "crap hole" as you put it. People who live in the city think everyone from the sticks is an uneducated hick. My point is that is why we are in the current situation in this country, disrespect for each other.
    anon(10729025) likes this.
    10-11-2021 05:39 PM
    People like to characterize things, people, places they know little about (usually). People who live in the sticks think NY is a "crap hole" as you put it. People who live in the city think everyone from the sticks is an uneducated hick. My point is that is why we are in the current situation in this country, disrespect for each other.
    No offense, but you take this way too seriously. If I think southerners are hicks and I also think that north easterners are full of themselves why take that as disrespect? Laugh it off and make a stereotypical joke back at me.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    10-11-2021 06:01 PM
    No offense, but you take this way too seriously. If I think southerners are hicks and I also think that north easterners are full of themselves why take that as disrespect? Laugh it off and make a stereotypical joke back at me.
    I am a serious person, especially when it comes to things like stabbings. Call me odd.
    10-11-2021 06:09 PM
    Just wear your mask. Period.
    No. Period.
    10-11-2021 09:28 PM
    No. Period.
    This I don’t get….
    TgeekB likes this.
    10-11-2021 09:36 PM
    This I don’t get….
    1. I’ve already had Covid so I have natural immunity.
    2. I’m fully vaccinated.
    3. Cloth mask don’t work. It’s science.
    3. Until actual laws are passed requiring that I wear a mask it is my choice.
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    10-12-2021 04:51 AM
    1. I’ve already had Covid so I have natural immunity.
    2. I’m fully vaccinated.
    3. Cloth mask don’t work. It’s science.
    3. Until actual laws are passed requiring that I wear a mask it is my choice.
    I agree with all of the above but it doesn’t make sense if you want to enter a private business. Just as you and I have our privacy rights, I can’t force my beliefs on a private business.
    TgeekB likes this.
    10-12-2021 10:04 AM
    I agree with all of the above but it doesn’t make sense if you want to enter a private business. Just as you and I have our privacy rights, I can’t force my beliefs on a private business.
    Agree. I make the choice to either not do business with a company or comply with their mask policy. I usually chose to not do business with them but sometimes you don’t have a choice.

In 2020 when the state government had a mask mandate I ignored it. I was more willing to accommodate a business than an overreaching government though.
    10-12-2021 11:13 AM
    We have to remember that these limits are only temporary. As infections and deaths decrease, so do the mandates.
    I don’t think the government is overreaching when it’s trying to protect the public. Again, it’s temporary and not a difficult thing to do.
    Working in a hospital I have been wearing one now for almost 2 years. Yup, it’s a PITA but I’ve pretty much gotten used to it. Looking forward to the day we don’t have to, I can’t lie about that!
    10-12-2021 03:49 PM
    We have to remember that these limits are only temporary. As infections and deaths decrease, so do the mandates.
    I don’t think the government is overreaching when it’s trying to protect the public. Again, it’s temporary and not a difficult thing to do.
    Working in a hospital I have been wearing one now for almost 2 years. Yup, it’s a PITA but I’ve pretty much gotten used to it. Looking forward to the day we don’t have to, I can’t lie about that!
    It doesn’t seem temporary. Remember 2 weeks to flatten the curve in March 2020?
    10-12-2021 09:21 PM
26 12