NYC Apple store security guard stabbed by customer over mask dispute

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
A security guard at Apple's West 14th street in New York was stabbed on Friday following a dispute with a customer who refused to wear a mask in store.

Full story from the iMore Blog...

I don’t have a problem with the guy being upset, but I do have a problem with him being upset to the point of becoming violent. I mean c’mon man. In today’s pandemic world, he should not be surprised to be asked to wear a mask at certain retail establishments.

Now this guy will probably be charged with attempted murder and spend a good amount of time imprisoned simply because he didn’t want to wear a mask for a few minutes while visiting an Apple Store. What a shame.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I think some of you are reading too much into the mask thing. I think this is just typical Noo Yawk behavior that is being reported on nationally under the guise of the mask.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I think some of you are reading too much into the mask thing. I think this is just typical Noo Yawk behavior that is being reported on nationally under the guise of the mask.

Dang…Stabbing a retail security guard for trying to enforce a mask mandate is typical in New York? That’s crazy!

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
What’s a shame is that we’re not surprised when we hear stuff like this. The pandemic has been going on for over a year and half. Just wear your mask. Period.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I didn’t say they only happene in Noo Yawk. I’m saying it’s not surprising that there was a stabbing considering the location.
People like to characterize things, people, places they know little about (usually). People who live in the sticks think NY is a "crap hole" as you put it. People who live in the city think everyone from the sticks is an uneducated hick. My point is that is why we are in the current situation in this country, disrespect for each other.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
People like to characterize things, people, places they know little about (usually). People who live in the sticks think NY is a "crap hole" as you put it. People who live in the city think everyone from the sticks is an uneducated hick. My point is that is why we are in the current situation in this country, disrespect for each other.

No offense, but you take this way too seriously. If I think southerners are hicks and I also think that north easterners are full of themselves why take that as disrespect? Laugh it off and make a stereotypical joke back at me.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
No offense, but you take this way too seriously. If I think southerners are hicks and I also think that north easterners are full of themselves why take that as disrespect? Laugh it off and make a stereotypical joke back at me.

I am a serious person, especially when it comes to things like stabbings. Call me odd.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner