Apple launches new effort to vaccinate employees but stops short of mandate

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Well they might as well go ahead and pull the trigger on a mandate since they’re apparently already “mandating” their employees can’t work from home.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
A lot of companies and government entities are “strongly urging” its employees to be vaccinated without officially making it a mandate. Heck, if you travel for a company, you have to be vaccinated in order to get on a plane these days or so it seems.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
A lot of companies and government entities are “strongly urging” its employees to be vaccinated without officially making it a mandate. Heck, if you travel for a company, you have to be vaccinated in order to get on a plane these days or so it seems.

Very true.
It certainly makes life better for everyone if you’re vaccinated.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Very true.
It certainly makes life better for everyone if you’re vaccinated.

Tell that to the family of the people who died from COVID after having been vaccinated. What about the people who have NOT been vaccinated and have not been sick? There is no proof they passed the virus on to others, however, people like to label them as carriers nonetheless.

Last edited:

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Tell that to the family of the people who died from COVID after having been vaccinated. What about the people who have NOT been vaccinated and have not been sick? There is no proof they passed the virus on to others, however, people like to label them as carriers nonetheless.

That number is extreme low. There is no comparison.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
That number is extreme low. There is no comparison.

So your stance could be viewed in this manner - Yes I acknowledge the COVID vaccines are not cures for COVID and they do not guarantee the prevention of getting COVID. I acknowledge the same in regard to masks, however, I think everyone should be vaccinated and wear masks because I believe it may help. Those who are against being vaccinated and against the wearing of masks, especially the people with no symptoms and are not sick, are stupid, insensitive and are putting everyone else in danger of being infected even though I don’t have any proof. I know some vaccinated people have caught COVID and have died from it, but it has only affected a small percentage of the population. Yes, I can see how insensitive that statement is, but I’m thinking of the greater good even though the people against being vaccinated are thinking the same thing since no one knows the possible long term effects of having been vaccinated, but I don’t care.

:) ;) :0

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
So your stance could be viewed in this manner - Yes I acknowledge the COVID vaccines are not cures for COVID and they do not guarantee the prevention of getting COVID. I acknowledge the same in regard to masks, however, I think everyone should be vaccinated and wear masks because I believe it may help. Those who are against being vaccinated and against the wearing of masks, especially the people with no symptoms and are not sick, are stupid, insensitive and are putting everyone else in danger of being infected even though I don’t have any proof. I know some vaccinated people have caught COVID and have died from it, but it has only affected a small percentage of the population. Yes, I can see how insensitive that statement is, but I’m thinking of the greater good even though the people against being vaccinated are thinking the same thing since no one knows the possible long term effects of having been vaccinated, but I don’t care.

:) ;) :0

I’m a professional in healthcare. I get my information from scientific data and reading research, not social media. Please don’t put (incorrect) words in my mouth. So let’s start over, ok?

Vaccines are not cures or treatments for disease. They are preventative like wearing a seatbelt. They do not provide 100% protection from disease. Just like the flu vaccine cannot provide 100% protection, the COVID vaccine has never been presented as such nor of curing disease. It is a very effective deterrent. Social distancing and masks are similar deterrents. In combination they provide a strong layer of protection. The facts are, if you are vaccinated, you have a 99.99% chance of not dying from Covid. Also, the quicker we can stop this virus from having opportunities to replicate in different variances, the less chance there will be of one developing that our vaccine cannot protect from. That affects everyone.

Second, I work on the front line. I don’t say this to brag but to help someone like yourself understand I’ve seen this close up, not from a distance. I’ve seen and experienced the suffering. I understand how the disease works.

Lastly, I have no problem having an intelligent conversation with you or anyone else on this subject. I promise I’ll listen to your concerns. I do not think you or anyone else who is not vaccinated should be shamed or thought less of. I also will not accept false news/information from social media sites but will counter with data and facts. It’s most important that everyone make an intelligent, well thought out, decision and not one driven by false information or emotion. We are in this together and will only be successful if we work together.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I’m a professional in healthcare. I get my information from scientific data and reading research, not social media. Please don’t put (incorrect) words in my mouth. So let’s start over, ok?

Vaccines are not cures or treatments for disease. They are preventative like wearing a seatbelt. They do not provide 100% protection from disease. Just like the flu vaccine cannot provide 100% protection, the COVID vaccine has never been presented as such nor of curing disease. It is a very effective deterrent. Social distancing and masks are similar deterrents. In combination they provide a strong layer of protection. The facts are, if you are vaccinated, you have a 99.99% chance of not dying from Covid. Also, the quicker we can stop this virus from having opportunities to replicate in different variances, the less chance there will be of one developing that our vaccine cannot protect from. That affects everyone.

Second, I work on the front line. I don’t say this to brag but to help someone like yourself understand I’ve seen this close up, not from a distance. I’ve seen and experienced the suffering. I understand how the disease works.

Lastly, I have no problem having an intelligent conversation with you or anyone else on this subject. I promise I’ll listen to your concerns. I do not think you or anyone else who is not vaccinated should be shamed or thought less of. I also will not accept false news/information from social media sites but will counter with data and facts. It’s most important that everyone make an intelligent, well thought out, decision and not one driven by false information or emotion. We are in this together and will only be successful if we work together.

C’mon now. You know me better than that. I said “so your stance could be viewed…”. I did not say that’s how you actually felt, but if it is how you feel, you have a right to that viewpoint. My feelings aren’t going to be hurt by it.

I agree the vaccines are a deterrent. The masks, however, are a smoke screen in my opinion. Anyway, if we are still the land of the free then let me choose and don’t frown on my choice just because you disagree with it. I don’t mean “you” literally.

Less than 24 hours ago, I was at a funeral of a beloved family friend who died from COVID after having been vaccinated, faithfully wearing his mask and washing his hands frequently, etcetera. You being on the front lines and seeing what you’re seeing does not mean I would automatically have a different viewpoint if I saw the same because I wouldn’t.

I will NEVER agree with mandating people get vaccinated for COVID, but I’ll always agree with allowing them to choose to be. Anyway, we are indeed having a conversation and I’m not taking any of it personally so keep stating your opinion. I’m old school…. :)

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
C’mon now. You know me better than that. I said “so your stance could be viewed…”. I did not say that’s how you actually felt, but if it is how you feel, you have a right to that viewpoint. My feelings aren’t going to be hurt by it.

I agree the vaccines are a deterrent. The masks, however, are a smoke screen in my opinion. Anyway, if we are still the land of the free then let me choose and don’t frown on my choice just because you disagree with it. I don’t mean “you” literally.

Less than 24 hours ago, I was at a funeral of a beloved family friend who died from COVID after having been vaccinated, faithfully wearing his mask and washing his hands frequently, etcetera. You being on the front lines and seeing what you’re seeing does not mean I would automatically have a different viewpoint if I saw the same because I wouldn’t.

I will NEVER agree with mandating people get vaccinated for COVID, but I’ll always agree with allowing them to choose to be. Anyway, we are indeed having a conversation and I’m not taking any of it personally so keep stating your opinion. I’m old school…. :)

I’m sorry you lost your friend and I can understand how it can affect your feelings and viewpoint. Every life is valuable and any loss is too many.

Let me bring up something about masks. We had virtually no flu cases last season in the hospital and I expect the same this one. The only difference? People were wearing masks. Now, the flu and Covid are different viruses but it still shows our choices do matter. I hope the elderly and immunocompromised take notice.

I appreciate your honesty and openness to a discussion. Like race, politics, etc. it’s when we close off discussions that division and disrespect take over.

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site

Masks are not a smokescreen. Stop spreading lies and try to grow up. Nobody want to take away tour freedoms. Stop behaving like a child. It’s not old school. It’s pathetic. Trust me.

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I’m sorry you lost your friend and I can understand how it can affect your feelings and viewpoint. Every life is valuable and any loss is too many.

Let me bring up something about masks. We had virtually no flu cases last season in the hospital and I expect the same this one. The only difference? People were wearing masks. Now, the flu and Covid are different viruses but it still shows our choices do matter. I hope the elderly and immunocompromised take notice.

I appreciate your honesty and openness to a discussion. Like race, politics, etc. it’s when we close off discussions that division and disrespect take over.

I’m not as patient as you. But I appreciate your effort.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Masks are not a smokescreen. Stop spreading lies and try to grow up. Nobody want to take away tour freedoms. Stop behaving like a child. It’s not old school. It’s pathetic. Trust me.

(Laughing)…..I did NOT state lies and you know it. Acting like a child? C’mon man. If you disagree with my opinion, that’s fine.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
(Laughing)…..I did NOT state lies and you know it. Acting like a child? C’mon man. If you disagree with my opinion, that’s fine.

I think he’s speaking of the “masks are a smokescreen” comment you made. Perhaps it would help if you explained what exactly you mean.

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site

You did state a lie. Masks are not smokescreens. I disagree with your disregard for others. It reminds me of a child.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You did state a lie. Masks are not smokescreens. I disagree with your disregard for others. It reminds me of a child.

I did not state a lie. I stated my “opinion” and I made it clear it was my opinion when I stated, “I agree the vaccines are a deterrent. The masks, however, are a smoke screen in my opinion.…”

Clearly you disagree and that’s fine. If my opinion reminds you of a child then so be it. It won’t alter my perception :)

Oh and my alleged “disregard for others”, are you for real? My being in favor of giving people the choice to be vaccinated is disregarding others? I assume that is what you’re referring to. If not, please explain.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I think he’s speaking of the “masks are a smokescreen” comment you made. Perhaps it would help if you explained what exactly you mean.

You and I both know, an explanation would be irrelevant because the comment was laced with bitterness and anger….in my opinion, of course…. ;)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73