Apple launches new effort to vaccinate employees but stops short of mandate

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
You and I both know, an explanation would be irrelevant because the comment was laced with bitterness and anger….in my opinion, of course…. ;)

I’m guessing you’re bitter because you lost your friend who was both vaccinated and wore a mask, both of which did not save his life. That seems like a very human response.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I’m guessing you’re bitter because you lost your friend who was both vaccinated and wore a mask, both of which did not save his life. That seems like a very human response.

No. Not at all. My opinion in regard to the vaccines and masks stood long before that and I’m not expressing bitterness. If you’ve read my posts regarding COVID in this thread and others, my stance remain unchanged. It is not bitter to say, I’m in favor of giving people the choice of being vaccinated or not. It’s not bitter to say if the vaccines aren’t guaranteed to prevent COVID then why take it? It’s not bitter to say if I am not sick and not displaying symptoms of COVID then why should I have to limit my activities as if I am? Not once did I ever tell anyone to not get vaccinated. Not once did I say refrain from wearing masks. What I did state was an opinion that some of you disliked. Isn’t that right?

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I did not state a lie. I stated my “opinion” and I made it clear it was my opinion when I stated, “I agree the vaccines are a deterrent. The masks, however, are a smoke screen in my opinion.…”

Clearly you disagree and that’s fine. If my opinion reminds you of a child then so be it. It won’t alter my perception :)

Oh and my alleged “disregard for others”, are you for real? My being in favor of giving people the choice to be vaccinated is disregarding others? I assume that is what you’re referring to. If not, please explain.

There is no reason for us to continue. Clearly you have myths to spread.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
No. Not at all. My opinion in regard to the vaccines and masks stood long before that and I’m not expressing bitterness. If you’ve read my posts regarding COVID in this thread and others, my stance remain unchanged. It is not bitter to say, I’m in favor of giving people the choice of being vaccinated or not. It’s not bitter to say if the vaccines aren’t guaranteed to prevent COVID then why take it? It’s not bitter to say if I am not sick and not displaying symptoms of COVID then why should I have to limit my activities as if I am? Not once did I ever tell anyone to not get vaccinated. Not once did I say refrain from wearing masks. What I did state was an opinion that some of you disliked. Isn’t that right?

I don’t believe it’s about disliking comments or opinions. It’s about making truthful information available and not making opinions sound like truth. For instance, an opinion that because the vaccine is not 100% effective why take it can influence others to make poor decisions that can affect their lives. Some people believe opinions they see on the internet as truth. This makes getting correct information to people more difficult.

I find a conversation like this on a different level as, say, Apple vs. Android.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don’t believe it’s about disliking comments or opinions. It’s about making truthful information available and not making opinions sound like truth. For instance, an opinion that because the vaccine is not 100% effective why take it can influence others to make poor decisions that can affect their lives. Some people believe opinions they see on the internet as truth. This makes getting correct information to people more difficult.

I find a conversation like this on a different level as, say, Apple vs. Android.

You’re acting as if my opinions aren’t already shared by a good portion of society. A lot of people have concluded that being vaccinated is the right thing to do. I don’t have a problem with that. I simply don’t think anyone should be forced to take it. Why is that a negative? Why is that so upsetting to some people?

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
You’re acting as if my opinions aren’t already shared by a good portion of society. A lot of people have concluded that being vaccinated is the right thing to do. I don’t have a problem with that. I simply don’t think anyone should be forced to take it. Why is that a negative? Why is that so upsetting to some people?

Why do you call masks a smokescreen? What’s the matter with you? Masks help people stay safe and healthy during pandemics.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

This is pretty much my viewpoint on the subject. I speak as someone who has never even had a reason to take a COVID test because I’ve felt fine the past 18 months. I have worn the god dang mask where required (and properly), followed the social distancing stuff, and continued to keep my clean hygiene as I always have.

I’m vaccinated and I’m happy that I decided to get vaccinated (my wife would have killed me had I not). I just have a hard time settling on vaccine mandates or blaming people for not wanting to be vaccinated whether they have legitimate or stupid reasons. However, I have seen anecdotes of people who are suffering and dying from the disease because they had stupid reasons not to be vaccinated. My sympathies lie with the healthcare worker who had to use their time and energy to try to keep that person alive. You get what you deserve if you choose not to take this seriously for stupid reasons.

We’re all going to die anyway.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
This is pretty much my viewpoint on the subject. I speak as someone who has never even had a reason to take a COVID test because I’ve felt fine the past 18 months. I have worn the god dang mask where required (and properly), followed the social distancing stuff, and continued to keep my clean hygiene as I always have.

I’m vaccinated and I’m happy that I decided to get vaccinated (my wife would have killed me had I not). I just have a hard time settling on vaccine mandates or blaming people for not wanting to be vaccinated whether they have legitimate or stupid reasons. However, I have seen anecdotes of people who are suffering and dying from the disease because they had stupid reasons not to be vaccinated. My sympathies lie with the healthcare worker who had to use their time and energy to try to keep that person alive. You get what you deserve if you choose not to take this seriously for stupid reasons.

We’re all going to die anyway.

Agreed, and like you, I too am vaccinated. Was I one of the first? Heck no! Did I want to get vaccinated? Heck no! Am I glad I got vaccinated? Heck no! Why did I get vaccinated? The title of an old song by Boz Scaggs sums it up — “Love Look What You’ve Done To Me”….:)

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Agreed, and like you, I too am vaccinated. Was I one of the first? Heck no! Did I want to get vaccinated? Heck no! Am I glad I got vaccinated? Heck no! Why did I get vaccinated? The title of an old song by Boz Scaggs sums it up — “Love Look What You’ve Done To Me”….:)

Ever? I assume you resented all the vaccinations you’ve received since childhood similarly.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

I am half-joking about my spouse but really I got vaccinated because looking back through U.S. history, during WW2 people back home sacrificed a ton to make sure the country came out of the war without many casualties. People giving up their metals, plastics, not letting food go to waste, and things of that nature for the good of the country during war time. I figured doing this was the least I could do to do my part in helping the country get out of this hole. But if people are still looking at me as a fully-vaccinated spreader and wanting me to wear a mask to protect others who have full access to same sacrifice I made, I say no. Absolutely no way I will get a booster shot.

I also can't stand the gaslighting and a certain side of this disagreement acting as covid snobs wagging their finger, telling me that I'm wrong and to follow their lead instead. Kinda like the governor of my State who did this during a peak time of covid infections and still found his way into an expensive restaurant with other elite doctors, sitting shoulder-to-shoulder without masks. They don't take it seriously so neither will I.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am half-joking about my spouse but really I got vaccinated because looking back through U.S. history, during WW2 people back home sacrificed a ton to make sure the country came out of the war without many casualties. People giving up their metals, plastics, not letting food go to waste, and things of that nature for the good of the country during war time. I figured doing this was the least I could do to do my part in helping the country get out of this hole. But if people are still looking at me as a fully-vaccinated spreader and wanting me to wear a mask to protect others who have full access to same sacrifice I made, I say no. Absolutely no way I will get a booster shot.

I also can't stand the gaslighting and a certain side of this disagreement acting as covid snobs wagging their finger, telling me that I'm wrong and to follow their lead instead. Kinda like the governor of my State who did this during a peak time of covid infections and still found his way into an expensive restaurant with other elite doctors, sitting shoulder-to-shoulder without masks. They don't take it seriously so neither will I.

Well stated. As for the booster shot, I’m not getting it. Period! I don’t have a problem with those who do. If an establishment requires me to wear a mask, I will wear that mask without complaining. As for the finger wagging, it is what it is. Everyone takes a strong stance on things they feel strongly about and I’m okay with it.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I’m glad everyone is getting to speak about this. I think that helps.

As far as the booster shot, I will be getting it. While healthy I am turning 60 next month and also am around positive covid patients on a regular basis. Therefore, I think it makes sense for me.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Who are “these people “ ? I get lost sometimes when people use pronouns to describe others. Also, are these people you know, online or in the media?
Thanks.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner