Apple's MagSafe Battery Pack is here and the early impressions for most seem to be good, but whilst the new accessory is a handy charger, it's expensive and has a much lower capacity than rivals.

Full story from the iMore Blog...
    07-24-2021 11:12 AM
    Pointless device. 73% charge ? why bother, buy a bigger battery pack and cord.
    07-24-2021 11:34 AM
    I think it’s expensive and it doesn’t have enough juice to get a good charge to her phone. I do like the fact that it’s made by Apple and that it blends in well with the rest of their items and devices. You can also charge your Apple Watch on it and it does offer reversed charging. However I have the anchor MagSafe battery charger and it was a lot less expensive and it’s got a lot more juice.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    07-24-2021 02:07 PM
    For those that need that 'little bit extra' battery life at the end of the day, I think it's a good expensive Apple purchase.
    It's not something I would need but hey its an Apple  product...it will sell.
    07-25-2021 06:54 AM
    I think the MagSafe is fine for those who need extra battery life throughout the day, but are not in a position to plug their devices into a power outlet. For others, I don't think it's a necessary accessory.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    07-25-2021 07:06 AM
    I decided on the Anker version for my iPhone 12 as it has a separate switch allowing me to decide when the phone needs a top up.
    I really don’t like the fact that the Apple battery begins charging as soon as it’s connected, and can’t be turned off. On top of that the Anker is half the Apple’s price and it’s also black to match my MagSafe case. Also not bothered about reverse charging.

It may be a slower charge rate, but as it’s likely to be used just for top-ups then that’s not much of a bother to me.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    07-25-2021 08:43 AM