Horacio Gutierrez, head of global affairs and chief legal officer of Spotify, isn't happy with Apple. Not one bit.

Full story from the iMore Blog...
    06-01-2021 11:00 AM
    H8ters are always gonna h8.
    06-01-2021 11:53 AM
    The Spotify system has a history of trouble. Friends who are Spotify subscribers have posted links to music. I will click on the link, only to find I can’t play the music without a subscription, or login. Spotify hasn’t always played nice.
    06-01-2021 04:31 PM
    The Spotify system has a history of trouble. Friends who are Spotify subscribers have posted links to music. I will click on the link, only to find I can’t play the music without a subscription, or login. Spotify hasn’t always played nice.
    They still have the free service, if you want to set it up !
    06-04-2021 04:48 AM
    And as for Horacio,don’t forget he’s a lawyer !!
    06-04-2021 06:10 AM
    They still have the free service, if you want to set it up !
    But then, isn’t Spotify the bully?
    Annie_M likes this.
    06-05-2021 07:43 AM
    What's the revenue split? 70/30?
    06-05-2021 10:31 AM
    Headlines like this always amuse me! It seems to me that there’s some hypocrisy here!
    06-05-2021 10:38 AM
    I agree that Spotify has some problems, for example I am now on vacation in another country and after two weeks I need to go to the spotify website and change my location info to be able to listen to music through the app. Why I should set my location for listening to my music, it's an open question. But from apple side,30% I think it's too much as a fee.
    06-05-2021 11:39 AM
    I agree that Spotify has some problems, for example I am now on vacation in another country and after two weeks I need to go to the spotify website and change my location info to be able to listen to music through the app. Why I should set my location for listening to my music, it's an open question. But from apple side,30% I think it's too much as a fee.
    Let’s say that Apple drops their cut to 15%, will the app developers drop the price of their apps and/or subscriptions or will they take advantage of having the additional funds? In addition, is Spotify likely to increase the price of its subscription soon or leave it as-is? My guess would be the former.
    06-05-2021 11:56 AM
    Let’s say that Apple drops their cut to 15%, will the app developers drop the price of their apps and/or subscriptions or will they take advantage of having the additional funds? In addition, is Spotify likely to increase the price of its subscription soon or leave it as-is? My guess would be the former.
    Definitely no one will ever drop a price because Apple will go to 15%. But for the small dev.companies it will be much easier to survive in this market, how many briliant's ideas weren't able to survive because small companies can't make a revenue? Alot. Or how many ideas were bought by Facebook or Google because a team of 5-8 developers do not have the money to push their ideas, alot. Of course you can say it's a life, it's a business and in some parts I agree. But with 15% for dev it will be easiest to create and we will have the opportunity to enjoy new and greater things. And 30% just for a space where I can place my ads it's too much...
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-05-2021 01:41 PM
    Definitely no one will ever drop a price because Apple will go to 15%. But for the small dev.companies it will be much easier to survive in this market, how many briliant's ideas weren't able to survive because small companies can't make a revenue? Alot. Or how many ideas were bought by Facebook or Google because a team of 5-8 developers do not have the money to push their ideas, alot. Of course you can say it's a life, it's a business and in some parts I agree. But with 15% for dev it will be easiest to create and we will have the opportunity to enjoy new and greater things. And 30% just for a space where I can place my ads it's too much...
    We’re in agreement, however, it’s the customer that tends to get the short end of the stick when it comes to fees. It’s easy to pass on increases to customers, but few want to roll back savings to the customer. That’s all I’m saying.
    Annie_M likes this.
    06-05-2021 05:39 PM