Apple could owe $60 million in damages to employees over bag checks

iMore.com

Administrator
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
A judge in a class-action lawsuit against Apple is willing to rule in favor of 12,000 California retail workers who were not paid for time spent getting their bags checked before leaving the store. Apple will be allowed to contest individual claims on a case-by-case basis.

Full story from the iMore Blog...

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Wait a minute.....so I can sue my employer for time sitting in the middle of a highway due to a traffic jam from a car wreck?

That does it, I'm calling my lawyer Doowe Cheatem, Anhow!

comiken205

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Wait a minute.....so I can sue my employer for time sitting in the middle of a highway due to a traffic jam from a car wreck?

That does it, I'm calling my lawyer Doowe Cheatem, Anhow!

No. What happened here is that after clocking out, they stand in line to have their bags check to make sure they didn’t steal anything. They are not compensated for that time. They should be.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
No. What happened here is that after clocking out, they stand in line to have their bags check to make sure they didn’t steal anything. They are not compensated for that time. They should be.

Yes, they should be paid for their time, the “clock” should be next to the door, these people are probably not paid enough to donate time to their employer !

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I agree Apple should change its policies on this particular subject. However, $60m to Apple is a drop in the bucket. Pay it, change your policies and move on.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77