A new report claims that Apple plans to use a feature called 'Internet Recovery' to allow users to restore the portless version of the iPhone 13 should they run into any problems with the device.

Full story from the iMore Blog...
    02-27-2021 06:12 AM
    I read about this a while back and, although it’s the future, I’m not sure how I feel about it. I like connecting my iPhone to my Mac and then manually restore my iPhone. How will I be able to recover when iCloud is down?
    scruffypig and ksassy like this.
    02-27-2021 06:54 AM
    I read about this a while back and, although it’s the future, I’m not sure how I feel about it. I like connecting my iPhone to my Mac and then manually restore my iPhone. How will I be able to recover when iCloud is down?
    Agreed, sir. I love the comfort knowing that if wireless bleeps the bricks, I can network over Ethernet cable.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    02-27-2021 02:07 PM
    If they have a valet reason for removing the port than I will adjust but I like to be able to connect a device when it’s needed
    02-28-2021 10:46 AM
    I'm not a fan of wireless charging. I use my phone too much to have time to charge wirelessly. And I like it fully charged when I go to bed. I don't get the point of removing the port. Some like wireless, some don't.
    kataran likes this.
    02-28-2021 11:57 PM
    This could be the end then....
    As I don’t have and never have had a computer of any kind nor know how to use one !
    03-01-2021 05:27 AM
    I wonder how CarPlay will work with a port-less phone?
    scruffypig likes this.
    03-01-2021 06:23 AM
    I read an article on the Verge after I posted here that predicts Apple will not remove the charging port in the “forseeable future”, this will suit me !
    Annie_M and kataran like this.
    03-04-2021 06:51 AM
    I read an article on the Verge after I posted here that predicts Apple will not remove the charging port in the “forseeable future”, this will suit me !
    Me too! I was so "bummed" because I finally have a car with CarPlay, but I have to use a cable to connect to it. Granted, I have a new iPhone so it will be 3ish years before I get another one, but I plan on keeping this current car forEVER.
    03-04-2021 08:18 AM