Former Netflix CEO says Apple TV+ has 'no excuse' for current performance

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Apple's biggest issue here is its reliance on original programming. It makes it a real lackluster service. It has good content. I've enjoyed a few of the films and I love Ted Lasso and Servant.

But once you're done with those items, there isn't much else there. They'd be better served to work out some sort of content deals with other companies to offer a more varied selection. Or even offer discounts on movies and show purchases to subscribers. Something.

If it weren't for it being included in my Apple Premier bundle (which was smart on their part), I probably would have unsubscribed a while ago.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Apple's biggest issue here is its reliance on original programming. It makes it a real lackluster service. It has good content. I've enjoyed a few of the films and I love Ted Lasso and Servant.

But once you're done with those items, there isn't much else there. They'd be better served to work out some sort of content deals with other companies to offer a more varied selection. Or even offer discounts on movies and show purchases to subscribers. Something.

If it weren't for it being included in my Apple Premier bundle (which was smart on their part), I probably would have unsubscribed a while ago.

I completely agree with you. I have enjoyed Apple’s offerings but it’s definitely not my go to for streaming.