iOS 15 will reportedly ditch the original iPhone SE and iPhone 6S

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I shall be really peeved if they make my iPad gen 5 obsolete after only four years, this seems like a tax on loyalty to an ecosystem, lets hope they don’t.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I'm not totally worried. I can limp through with it for a while. I think my next Apple item will be a new Watch.

I guess we are still in the 'sundial' era. After all, sun is a resource - and in truth does still charge the batteries on my trusty 14 year old Citizen Eco Drive Titanium. But that's for another thread ( or Forum)

Modelflier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
It’s a shame, I have a perfectly serviceable iPhone SE which I keep as a back up to my XR, but not too worried about my old iPad Air2 as the battery’s on it’s last legs and I only use it on a stand on my bedside table for the occasional TV and radio program.....it’s always nice to listen to the radio while falling asleep, and using the timer to turn it all off makes it a lot easier.

When it finally gives up completely, I’ll replace it with my 2018 iPad Pro and buy a new one.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It’s a shame, I have a perfectly serviceable iPhone SE which I keep as a back up to my XR, but not too worried about my old iPad Air2 as the battery’s on it’s last legs and I only use it on a stand on my bedside table for the occasional TV and radio program.....it’s always nice to listen to the radio while falling asleep, and using the timer to turn it all off makes it a lot easier.

When it finally gives up completely, I’ll replace it with my 2018 iPad Pro and buy a new one.

Your SE will still work great on iOS 14. Same as my "back up" 6s Plus.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner