Apple may pull Parlor, the conservative social app, from the App Store

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
There are two social media apps in the App Store: “Parlor” or “Parler” which is the app in question?

Edit: looks like the article, itself has the correct app name “Parler”.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
“Objectionable content”? ....smh.... Anyone can use Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and numerous news apps and find “objectionable content”.

We seem to have gone from “if you don’t agree with the content therein then don’t browse through it”

to

“I don’t like it and I don’t like the people who do so let’s get rid of both”.

duckduckgoose

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
“Objectionable content”? ....smh.... Anyone can use Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and numerous news apps and find “objectionable content”.

We seem to have gone from “if you don’t agree with the content therein then don’t browse through it”

to

“I don’t like it and I don’t like the people who do so let’s get rid of both”.

Then you are okay with the planning of the coup on that app? They were planning on capturing and hanging the sitting Vice President. Speech is free as long as it’s not fomenting a coup or sedition.
I don’t even like Pence, but I don’t hate anyone enough that I want them dead. Have you been on Parler? The hate of minorities and liberals is pretty scary to see. I’m hoping most of it is keyboard warrior talk, but after seeing January 6th I’m not too sure anymore. I think the Republican Party was taken in by a con man who is just in it for himself, but I don’t want to kill them or have them come into harms way.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Then you are okay with the planning of the coup on that app? They were planning on capturing and hanging the sitting Vice President. Speech is free as long as it’s not fomenting a coup or sedition.
I don’t even like Pence, but I don’t hate anyone enough that I want them dead. Have you been on Parler? The hate of minorities and liberals is pretty scary to see. I’m hoping most of it is keyboard warrior talk, but after seeing January 6th I’m not too sure anymore. I think the Republican Party was taken in by a con man who is just in it for himself, but I don’t want to kill them or have them come into harms way.

I think I am probably in favour of hanging anybody who actually WANTS to become a politician in the first place.... or at least a lengthy “re-education course” down a coal mine or road sweeping... something cheap and useful anyway !

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

No one was planning anything. Some were voicing their anger, but no on was planning anything. I can only imagine where you heard that.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Okay. I’ll play along. Apple is threatening to ban an app for “objectionable content”. If people were planning to do evil over the phone, should the phone company be punished for it? If people rented a clubhouse to plan something heinous, should the owner of the clubhouse be punished?

Now back to the issue at hand.....The point is this - people are going to hear and see things they don’t agree with. Instead of getting all bent out of shape about it, understand there are viewpoints and experiences different from yours and always will be.

Last edited:

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Okay. I’ll play along. Apple is threatening to to ban an app for “objectionable content”. If people were planning to do evil over the phone, should the phone company be punished for it? If people rented a clubhouse to plan something heinous, should the owner of the clubhouse be punished?

Now back to the issue at hand.....The point is this - people are going to hear and see things they don’t agree with. Instead of getting all bent out of shape about it, understand there are viewpoints and experiences different from yours and always will be.

Agreed. And being idealistic, it is my prayer that people would manage to find a way to begin a dialogue. But there is so much anger and hostility coming from all sides that it will take awhile before that happens.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Agreed. And being idealistic, it is my prayer that people would manage to find a way to begin a dialogue. But there is so much anger and hostility coming from all sides that it will take awhile before that happens.

When people’s voices/concerns/fears are ignored long enough or their viewpoints have been dismissed and ridiculed long enough then an eruption of some sort will eventually occur.

Now before anyone takes my comments as being in favor of what occurred at the Capital building, let me nip that in the bud now. What we are witnessing are the results of the political divide and conquer tactic that has been going on for decades....in my opinion, of course...;)

Last edited:

anon(1157152)

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site

That’s all based on lies. Give one example of a coup being planned.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Ok folks, let's remain respectful and civil here. We are not going to get political. If you want to do that, please take it to the lounge. Thanks.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative