Facebook should be under no illusions as to who Cook was aiming his subtweet at.

Full story from the iMore Blog...
    12-18-2020 02:12 AM
    Tim Cook is absolutely correct in his statement that, “..... Facebook can continue to track users across apps and websites as before, App Tracking Transparency in iOS 14 will just require that they ask for your permission first.”

With that being said, Facebook’s stance is and has been the primary issue I have with advertisers. They don’t respect or even care about “my” desire for privacy. Period.

The ability is still there for Facebook, as mentioned by Mr. Cook and the fact that Facebook is against it means they don’t want users to have the ability to opt out of being tracked. That, in and of itself, should be cause for concern, in my opinion.
    Spencerdl, scruffypig and Annie_M like this.
    12-19-2020 02:22 PM
    Tim Cook is absolutely correct in his statement that, “..... Facebook can continue to track users across apps and websites as before, App Tracking Transparency in iOS 14 will just require that they ask for your permission first.”

With that being said, Facebook’s stance is and has been the primary issue I have with advertisers. They don’t respect or even care about “my” desire for privacy. Period.

The ability is still there for Facebook, as mentioned by Mr. Cook and the fact that Facebook is against it means they don’t want users to have the ability to opt out of being tracked. That, in and of itself, should be cause for concern, in my opinion.
    I totally agree
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    12-19-2020 08:38 PM
    I totally agree
    Thank you, sir.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    12-19-2020 08:41 PM

While I’m not a big Facebook user, I do have one serious problem with Apple in that it should hold itself to it’s own standards equally. If Apple gives it’s proprietary apps exclusion from these rules and standards, it’s hypocrisy. In that case, it gives me some new concerns regarding Apple with it’s own business practices regarding my privacy and more importantly, my client privacy if choosing and using iOS was partly due to better privacy enhancements and restrictions.
    12-20-2020 09:41 AM

I completely agree has well.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    12-20-2020 09:46 AM
    While I’m not a big Facebook user, I do have one serious problem with Apple in that it should hold itself to it’s own standards equally. If Apple gives it’s proprietary apps exclusion from these rules and standards, it’s hypocrisy. In that case, it gives me some new concerns regarding Apple with it’s own business practices regarding my privacy and more importantly, my client privacy if choosing and using iOS was partly due to better privacy enhancements and restrictions.
    Oh, I agree with you 100%. If Apple fails to provide me with a simple and clear way to opt out of being tracked, etcetera, then they too are just like the others.
    12-20-2020 09:53 AM
    Oh, I agree with you 100%. If Apple fails to provide me with a simple and clear way to opt out of being tracked, etcetera, then they too are just like the others.
    Well, Apple could just require the same opt-in for clarity and simplicity.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    12-20-2020 09:54 AM
    Well, Apple could just require the same opt-in for clarity and simplicity.
    No doubt...
    12-20-2020 09:55 AM