AirPods Studio are now AirPods Max!

Full story from the iMore Blog...
    12-08-2020 07:40 AM
    I don’t know about you, but I’m unwilling to pay that much money for headphones.
    Spencerdl and ksassy like this.
    12-08-2020 08:32 AM
    I can’t wait to read all the pretentious “audiophiles” opinions on these next week.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    12-08-2020 09:12 AM
    I have some Grado headphones that cost $1500 and there are a lot of headphones that go well into the thousands of dollars. The truth is that while the expensive ones can really really sound impressive the far less expensive models can sound really good too. $550 is not that much when viewed through the lens of headphones but if I was going to spend $300-$800 on headphones I’d probably look hard at other established headphone makers first.

That said, I have a feeling that the AirPod Max will sound pretty darned good while offering a lot of convenience. Will they be better than Bose and Sony’s noise canceling offerings? Remains to be heard.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    12-08-2020 09:48 AM
    I don’t think anyone will be able to convince me that Bluetooth audio is audiophile quality. The bandwidth is not there.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    12-08-2020 10:04 AM
    I don’t think anyone will be able to convince me that Bluetooth audio is audiophile quality. The bandwidth is not there.
    Its not as good as wired audio but for most its more than good enough. A lot of users have some type of hearing loss (even if they don’t know it) anyways. Audiophiles make up such a small portion of the market. Apple will sell a ton of these to the folks that want decent sound with some noise isolation/canceling. Just like Sony and Bose has done. ...and then you have the folks that purchase Beats that think they have something good. I’m thinking the APMs will compete well with those.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    12-08-2020 10:22 AM
    Its not as good as wired audio but for most its more than good enough. A lot of users have some type of hearing loss (even if they don’t know it) anyways. Audiophiles make up such a small portion of the market. Apple will sell a ton of these to the folks that want decent sound with some noise isolation/canceling. Just like Sony and Bose has done. ...and then you have the folks that purchase Beats that think they have something good. I’m thinking the APMs will compete well with those.
    They’re going to sell a ton because these will be the new status symbol like Beats used to be. The millennial celebs/athletes will wear them so people will end up buying them.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    12-08-2020 10:39 AM
    They’re going to sell a ton because these will be the new status symbol like Beats used to be. The millennial celebs/athletes will wear them so people will end up buying them.
    You’re right. I didn’t even think of the Kim Kardashians of the world that will be all over these.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    12-08-2020 11:16 AM
    I was interested until I saw the price! I’ll just keep using my AirPods Pro.
    Just_Me_D and Spencerdl like this.
    12-08-2020 12:21 PM
    Come now, they’re from Apple, you thought they’d be reasonably priced? $250 for the headphones, $70 for R&D, and $229 for the Apple Tax. That being said they did charge less of an Apple Tax for my Pro Maxes than I really expected.
    12-08-2020 12:51 PM
    Exactly this. LOL
    12-08-2020 01:35 PM
    Never been a fan of on ear headphones. I’m glad this is prices so ridiculously high.
    Lee_Bo likes this.
    12-08-2020 01:50 PM
    Never been a fan of on ear headphones. I’m glad this is prices so ridiculously high.
    And you’ll be the first one to get them.
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    12-08-2020 02:54 PM
    That price point isn’t inviting so no thank you Apple I’ll stick with my AirPods Pro and you can max someone else’s wallet!!
    Spencerdl likes this.
    12-08-2020 04:02 PM
    Well apparently a lot of people want those because they are back ordered until March!
    12-11-2020 08:25 AM
    Well apparently a lot of people want those because they are back ordered until March!
    I'm not one of them...LOL
    12-11-2020 08:28 AM
    My hubby is getting me these for our anniversary which is in April. I had mentioned to him that I would like to have them but they were too expensive. He said if you want them I’ll get them for you for our anniversary! Well I’m not going to turn that down. LOL

So I ordered the sky blue color and it says it will be 8 to 10 weeks, which is a little bit less time than it had been.

I love my AirPods Pro but they hurt my ears after I have them in for a while. I really am looking forward to these new headphones.
    Just_Me_D and ksassy like this.
    12-21-2020 08:07 AM