Apple's iPhones don't come with chargers anymore and you'll need to buy one to fast charge.

Full story from the iMore Blog...
    10-23-2020 11:22 AM
    Ok so what is the charge rate on the 18w chargers I have throughout my home as it relates to the 12 Pro?

And will the older chargers without USB C not function at all?? If so, this is a horrible move by Apple.
    10-23-2020 11:32 AM
    Ok so what is the charge rate on the 18w chargers I have throughout my home as it relates to the 12 Pro?

And will the older chargers without USB C not function at all?? If so, this is a horrible move by Apple.
    I’m assuming it’s going to charge at the same rate our older iPhones did with the iPad chargers.

I hope Apple has a good technical reason for this.
    10-23-2020 12:54 PM
    I’m assuming it’s going to charge at the same rate our older iPhones did with the iPad chargers.

I hope Apple has a good technical reason for this.
    Yea I can’t see why at minimum it couldn’t charge at the same rate my 11 Pro did. Not as fast as a 20w obviously but still moderately fast.

The worst part here is I bought like 4 18w chargers the day I preordered in preparation for this lol.
    Tartarus likes this.
    10-23-2020 01:34 PM
    Yea I can’t see why at minimum it couldn’t charge at the same rate my 11 Pro did. Not as fast as a 20w obviously but still moderately fast.

The worst part here is I bought like 4 18w chargers the day I preordered in preparation for this lol.
    I think we’re safe with the Pro seeing as the support document only lists the iPhone 12

I also think that even with iPhone 12 if it charges at a slightly lesser rate then it just doesn’t meet Apple’s definition of “fast charge”.
    10-23-2020 01:37 PM