The iPhone will no longer include a power adapter or EarPods in the box

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
That’s odd.
That’s an iPad charger.
She may have purchased that separately. Or your son did.
It’s not part of the package though.

I figured as much. 10 watt. But that's what came with her iPhone 8. Neither of us have an iPad. I unboxed it myself.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know if Samsung is removing these items from their new devices as well. Asking for a friend

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
They use environmental concerns as the reason. But I doubt that. If buyers have to order those separately, there's still packaging. They just want to sell more stuff. Apple can be really disingenuous.

I agree it’s disingenuous but not for the reasons you mention. I believe it was done to compensate for the cost of adding 5G but Apple had to spin it as a positive.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I agree it’s disingenuous but not for the reasons you mention. I believe it was done to compensate for the cost of adding 5G but Apple had to spin it as a positive.

I didn’t think of that. Only thing is that they’ve gone back and stopped adding the adapter all the way down to the SE.

Honestly, I don’t care if I have 100 adapters in a drawer. The adapter should still be included. I can live with it but it rubs me the wrong way.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

That too. May have been several reasons. But I don't buy "environmental" concerns.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro