WeChat ban is hurtful to people who still have family and friends in China

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
What were people using before Tik Tok and WeChat? People will always find a way to communicate with friends and family.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
What were people using before Tik Tok and WeChat? People will always find a way to communicate with friends and family.

Not sure but, from what I hear, it was the go to platform and does more than just calls. This could really hurt people already having issues.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Not sure but, from what I hear, it was the go to platform and does more than just calls. This could really hurt people already having issues.

I hear you, but being the “go-to” platform doesn’t mean it’s the only method of communication.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I hear you, but being the “go-to” platform doesn’t mean it’s the only method of communication.

I don’t have first hand knowledge but, again from what I’ve read, it pretty much is. Remember, China isn’t a democracy and it’s citizens don’t have access to everything many of us do.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don’t have first hand knowledge but, again from what I’ve read, it pretty much is. Remember, China isn’t a democracy and it’s citizens don’t have access to everything many of us do.

I know China is not like the U.S., however, it’s hard for me accept that a couple of apps they “rely on” cannot be replaced with other apps. Granted, I’m replying with limited knowledge of their culture.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I know China is not like the U.S., however, it’s hard for me accept that a couple of apps they “rely on” cannot be replaced with other apps. Granted, I’m replying with limited knowledge of their culture.

Did a little research. It looks like they’re turning to Signal which is not currently banned by the Chinese government. Let’s see if that lasts.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox