Save on M1 iPad Pro: $100 off at Amazon

While there are some reasons to be concerned with the data collecting practices that apps like WeChat and TikTok employ, an outright ban hurts real people who rely on these apps for communication.

Full story from the iMore Blog...
    08-07-2020 12:00 PM
    What were people using before Tik Tok and WeChat? People will always find a way to communicate with friends and family.
    08-07-2020 05:57 PM
    What were people using before Tik Tok and WeChat? People will always find a way to communicate with friends and family.
    Not sure but, from what I hear, it was the go to platform and does more than just calls. This could really hurt people already having issues.
    08-08-2020 12:25 PM
    Not sure but, from what I hear, it was the go to platform and does more than just calls. This could really hurt people already having issues.
    I hear you, but being the “go-to” platform doesn’t mean it’s the only method of communication.
    08-08-2020 12:39 PM
    I hear you, but being the “go-to” platform doesn’t mean it’s the only method of communication.
    I don’t have first hand knowledge but, again from what I’ve read, it pretty much is. Remember, China isn’t a democracy and it’s citizens don’t have access to everything many of us do.
    08-08-2020 12:47 PM
    I don’t have first hand knowledge but, again from what I’ve read, it pretty much is. Remember, China isn’t a democracy and it’s citizens don’t have access to everything many of us do.
    I know China is not like the U.S., however, it’s hard for me accept that a couple of apps they “rely on” cannot be replaced with other apps. Granted, I’m replying with limited knowledge of their culture.
    scruffypig likes this.
    08-08-2020 01:27 PM
    I know China is not like the U.S., however, it’s hard for me accept that a couple of apps they “rely on” cannot be replaced with other apps. Granted, I’m replying with limited knowledge of their culture.
    Did a little research. It looks like they’re turning to Signal which is not currently banned by the Chinese government. Let’s see if that lasts.
    Just_Me_D and scruffypig like this.
    08-08-2020 01:54 PM
    https://acnlhairguide.net/animal-crossing-pc/ Banning Tik tok really hurts. But as you said there will be always an alternative option for communication. I agree. Thanks
    Last edited by johnwatson506; 08-20-2020 at 09:03 AM.
    08-10-2020 12:24 AM