Your over-the-air internet television service is starting to look a lot like the cable you ditched a decade ago. Here's why.

Full story from the iMore Blog...
    07-01-2020 01:51 PM
    After reading this, I’m very happy that we didn’t sign up for either YouTube TV or Hulu Live! I’m not surprised that there were price increases, but I’m appalled by HOW MUCH they went up.
    Tartarus and Laura Knotek like this.
    07-01-2020 02:41 PM
    Well $65/mo for YTTV is still way cheaper than any bundle that Spectrum can put together.

While I’m not thrilled with the price increase, I can live with it.

To each their own.
    Annie_M and Laura Knotek like this.
    07-01-2020 04:16 PM
    I decided to drop YTTV after this price hike. It’s just too much from a principle standpoint. I’ll try out Hulu live for awhile.
    07-01-2020 04:31 PM
    If it’s not OTA or via Netflix, or Prime Video, I won’t be watching. I still have the TV and Disney Plus subscriptions until October and November, but I don’t even pay attention to those anymore. There aren’t any tv shows that I have to watch. If it weren’t for sports, I’d probably not watch live tv.
    TgeekB likes this.
    07-01-2020 05:40 PM
    Cable tv is ultimately for old people.

Keep paying what you’d like and I’ll just find a better torrent stream with even better quality.
    07-01-2020 11:23 PM
    If it’s not OTA or via Netflix, or Prime Video, I won’t be watching. I still have the TV and Disney Plus subscriptions until October and November, but I don’t even pay attention to those anymore. There aren’t any tv shows that I have to watch. If it weren’t for sports, I’d probably not watch live tv.
    We’re pretty much the same way except for Apple TV Plus and Disney Plus.
    07-02-2020 07:56 AM
    Cable TV continues to go up as well. I currently pay &156.99 a month for Comcast. But I get a lot. YouTube TV would run me $115 a month, including wifi service and modem rental.
    07-02-2020 03:08 PM
    I’m the same way.
    I cannot believe what some people pay for TV. What a racket!
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    07-02-2020 04:19 PM
    I pay nothing for TV, I solved the problem by giving mine away !
    TgeekB likes this.
    07-03-2020 08:25 AM
    I've been through all of the streaming TV services - joined Sling when it first came out and tried others as they started. When DirecTV started their streaming, I got in on the $35/mo grandfathered plan. But as it started transitioning to the new AT&T TVNOW service, that supposedly "grandfathered" plan got price increases also. As it stands, I'm paying $65/mo which also includes HBOMax. At that price, I'm at the ceiling of what I'll pay and any further price increases will have me completely cut services.

On top of cable and Internet companies trying get away with fraud and lying to consumers by dictating channel bundles, insisting to the FTC that they need data caps to protect from service overloading, etc... many channels such as SyFy, FX, AMC, USA, A&E, and many others will not let you use their apps (Roku, FireStick, AppleTV, etc...) unless you prove you are currently paying to see their channel on a cable or streaming service. Even though the majority of those apps still show commercials during playback, you still cannot access content unless you first pay the cable or streaming companies. The is getting ridiculous. I hate AT&T and cable companies like Comcast with a passion and love seeing both losing customers by the boatload every month.

If I sever the final cord with AT&T TVNow I'll still have OTA, Netflix, Prime, Disney (which I'll drop because it is worthless), along with other free streaming services like PlutoTV. For other stuff, there are always ways to watch (not going to go there though - LOL).
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    07-03-2020 10:35 AM
    I've been through all of the streaming TV services - joined Sling when it first came out and tried others as they started. When DirecTV started their streaming, I got in on the $35/mo grandfathered plan. But as it started transitioning to the new AT&T TVNOW service, that supposedly "grandfathered" plan got price increases also. As it stands, I'm paying $65/mo which also includes HBOMax. At that price, I'm at the ceiling of what I'll pay and any further price increases will have me completely cut services.

On top of cable and Internet companies trying get away with fraud and lying to consumers by dictating channel bundles, insisting to the FTC that they need data caps to protect from service overloading, etc... many channels such as SyFy, FX, AMC, USA, A&E, and many others will not let you use their apps (Roku, FireStick, AppleTV, etc...) unless you prove you are currently paying to see their channel on a cable or streaming service. Even though the majority of those apps still show commercials during playback, you still cannot access content unless you first pay the cable or streaming companies. The is getting ridiculous. I hate AT&T and cable companies like Comcast with a passion and love seeing both losing customers by the boatload every month.

If I sever the final cord with AT&T TVNow I'll still have OTA, Netflix, Prime, Disney (which I'll drop because it is worthless), along with other free streaming services like PlutoTV. For other stuff, there are always ways to watch (not going to go there though - LOL).
    Thank you for reminding me about PlutoTV. I have it, but never remember to check it out!
    07-03-2020 12:20 PM
    I pay nothing for TV, I solved the problem by giving mine away !
    You probably have a much more full life.
    07-03-2020 03:33 PM