Apple and Zoom have this week proven that censorship is very much alive and well.

Full story from the iMore Blog...
    06-13-2020 09:51 AM
    Wait. Anyone who has traveled abroad, whether by Military or not, can attest that rights, privileges and rules that apply here in the U.S. do not apply in other countries. In addition, how we think things should be in other countries is irrelevant.

Therefore, if Apple wants to continue to do business in China they will have to comply with Chinese laws. If you were doing business in China and government officials approached you and instructed you to comply with their laws, I’m sure you would comply.
    Annie_M and Golurk like this.
    06-13-2020 11:39 AM
    So long as nations that pretend to free speech, make sure that every person in the free world is fully aware of the nations that do not. That is as much as can be realistically done.
    Which is not to say that trading with countries who profit by keeping their populations in ignorance is any less distasteful in the light of this knowledge.
    06-13-2020 12:30 PM
    An argument can be made that free speech is under attack here in the U.S. under the guise of protecting one’s feelings. Cute names like ‘safe zones’ are used, but when you get to the root of it, it is still a prohibition of free speech, in my opinion. Oh wait! That might have been disingenuous of me....
    06-13-2020 12:48 PM
    An argument can be made that free speech is under attack here in the U.S. under the guise of protecting one’s feelings. Cute names like ‘safe zones’ are used, but when you get to the root of it, it is still a prohibition of free speech, in my opinion. Oh wait! That might have been disingenuous of me....
    I think I have to agree with you 100%. I'm not liking where this world is headed when someone get's ridiculed / banned / shunned for saying / posting something that someone else doesn't agree with or gets offended by. If you are offended by someone stop following / listening to them.

But that's not the case, apparently if someone offends you, intentional or not, you must brand them with a scarlet letter and make sure the world knows you were offended and that everyone else needs to have the same opinion as you. And if the others don't sway to your opinion, they too need to be branded and put on display.

If everyone had the same thoughts and opinions, the world we be a very boring place.

Just my 2 cents.

I'll probably get banned any day now.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-13-2020 08:00 PM
    I think I have to agree with you 100%. I'm not liking where this world is headed when someone get's ridiculed / banned / shunned for saying / posting something that someone else doesn't agree with or gets offended by. If you are offended by someone stop following / listening to them.

But that's not the case, apparently if someone offends you, intentional or not, you must brand them with a scarlet letter and make sure the world knows you were offended and that everyone else needs to have the same opinion as you. And if the others don't sway to your opinion, they too need to be branded and put on display.

If everyone had the same thoughts and opinions, the world we be a very boring place.

Just my 2 cents.

I'll probably get banned any day now.
    Your opinion above will not get you banned here. Nothing about it was mean, vulgar or disrespectful, in my opinion...
    Annie_M likes this.
    06-13-2020 08:04 PM