A new rumor floating around is suggesting that Apple could make the Magic Keyboard for all iPads, not just iPad Pros. But I'm a little skeptical on that.

Full story from the iMore Blog...
    06-12-2020 01:30 PM
    A new rumor floating around is suggesting that Apple could make the Magic Keyboard for all iPads, not just iPad Pros. But I'm a little skeptical on that.

Full story from the iMore Blog...
    Thank you for posting this. It is an interesting read. Speaking just for me, there isn’t anything I use my iPad that I would need a Magic Keyboard but I’m sure a lot of folks would like it.
    06-12-2020 06:17 PM
    The whole point of the ‘Magic’ keyboard is that...

A) It’s powered from the iPad via the Smart Connector so doesn’t need it’s own battery.

B) The extra usbc connector can power the iPad, leaving it’s own usbc port for accessories.

Neither of these facilities would work on existing non-pro models, therefore requiring a complete redesign of the keyboard. I also wonder whether the non-pro iPads have strong enough magnets to be held securely.
    Finally, cost, Apple most certainly won’t want to sell it cheap, so would it be value for money on the cheaper iPads?

I reckon non-pro users would be better off with a good quality third party keyboard case and a good mouse or trackpad!
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-13-2020 06:41 AM