AirPods Pro deal at Amazon: Save $52 for a limited time!

Spotify's CEO has noticed some progress in Apple loosening up restrictions for third parties. It's a start, but Apple should ease up more.

Full story from the iMore Blog...
    05-06-2020 01:00 PM
    “At the end of the day, Apple can choose to do what it wants, but I honestly think that competition benefits everyone. Third-party developers should have a more fair playing ground for their apps and services, customers should have a choice, and Apple can learn a thing or two from competitors to improve their own services. And for the love of god, let us choose default apps at some point.”

Not allowing Spotify to use certain proprietary features isn’t stifling competition, in my opinion. Isn’t the Spotify streaming service already in competition with Music?

We as customers already have choices and take advantage of them, but we consumers have a tendency of asking for too much. Third party developers should be allowed to have their apps listed in the Apple App Store, but not every developer is honest so I’m all for Apple being a bit strict with them.

Apple can indeed learn a thing or two from competitors, but then again, that could be the reason why they are how they are. Anyway, that’s my 2 ¢...(Laughing)
    Last edited by Just_Me_D; 05-06-2020 at 04:18 PM.
    nikkisharif and wenrob like this.
    05-06-2020 04:00 PM
    “At the end of the day, Apple can choose to do what it wants, but I honestly think that competition benefits everyone. Third-party developers should have a more fair playing ground for their apps and services, customers should have a choice, and Apple can learn a thing or two from competitors to improve their own services. And for the love of god, let us choose default apps at some point.”

Not allowing Spotify to use certain proprietary features isn’t stifling competition, in my opinion. Isn’t the Spotify streaming service already in competition with Music?

We as customer already have choices and take advantage of them, but we consumers have a tendency of asking for too much. Third party developers should be allowed to have their apps listed in the Apple App Store, but not every developer is honest so I’m all for Apple being a bit strict with them.

Apple can indeed learn a thing or two from competitors, but then again, that could be the reason they are how they are. Anyway, that’s my 2 ¢...(Laughing)
    Nuff said (in my D voice) LOL
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    05-06-2020 04:09 PM
    Nuff said (in my D voice) LOL
    (Laughing)
    nikkisharif likes this.
    05-06-2020 04:17 PM

We as customers already have choices and take advantage of them, but we consumers have a tendency of asking for too much. Third party developers should be allowed to have their apps listed in the Apple App Store, but not every developer is honest so I’m all for Apple being a bit strict with them.

Apple can indeed learn a thing or two from competitors, but then again, that could be the reason why they are how they are. Anyway, that’s my 2 ¢...(Laughing)
    I agree and if rumors pertaining to iOS 14 are right we might be getting a little more control of our devices but I won’t hold my breathe
    nikkisharif and Just_Me_D like this.
    05-06-2020 04:48 PM