The new iPhone SE has arrived

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
This is why I emphasized “we” and “we are” referring to us, the enthusiasts. It’s great for the average consumer but this whole over-satirization of Apple doing something super-duper ZOMGBBQ around these parts is what I’m referring to. It’s a great option for a phone but let’s keep things in perspective here. It’s a phone with a 6 year old design with the most recent processor crammed in it.

While we’re on the subject, I think the notion of “budget” phone for $399 is funny. I would have been much more impressed had this phone been exactly what the XR is but the same size footprint of the overall device as the iPhone 8 at $399 would be much more impressive.

Trust me, I understand avoiding the drooling that goes on here. I have a feeling sometimes that if Apple put out a brick with their logo on it would sell millions! Lol.

I’m not sure they could have made an Xr in an 8 body and charged $399. I would have liked it a lot better though.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Trust me, I understand avoiding the drooling that goes on here. I have a feeling sometimes that if Apple put out a brick with their logo on it would sell millions! Lol.

I’m not sure they could have made an Xr in an 8 body and charged $399. I would have liked it a lot better though.

To be fair, many of those that are "drooling" -- or to phrase it better, applauding Apple -- over this phone did the same thing around this time last year, when Google announced the Pixel 3a for the same price. The applause is not because these are the best phones ever -- they obviously aren't. The applause is largely for creating such capable phones, with "flagship" features -- even if the screens and body don't measure up -- and providing them for mid-range prices. It's not that the phones are anything fantastic, it is instead the value they provide for the person that doesn't want or care about the latest flagship, as it gives them a viable alternative for less than half the price.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW