totallee has announced a new UV Phone Sanitizer that can kill germs and bacteria on your phone, AirPods, wallet and keys!

Full story from the iMore Blog...
    04-07-2020 04:12 AM
    Got 3 of these, but had to return them. There are 2 major design problems, from my perspective, that makes it impractical to use: like most people, our smartphones are constant companions and, therefore:

1) because it takes either 18 or 30 minutes to disinfect, the only time anybody will actually complete the procedure is during the night after going to bed/to sleep; however:
    2) the device beeps when the cycle is over and, thus, will wake us up.

Will try another brand.
    05-07-2020 06:45 AM
    Got 3 of these, but had to return them. There are 2 major design problems, from my perspective, that makes it impractical to use: like most people, our smartphones are constant companions and, therefore:

1) because it takes either 18 or 30 minutes to disinfect, the only time anybody will actually complete the procedure is during the night after going to bed/to sleep; however:
    2) the device beeps when the cycle is over and, thus, will wake us up.

Will try another brand.
    I have a Phone Soap Pro. Takes 5mins. No beep.
    Annie_M likes this.
    05-07-2020 07:15 AM
    Thanks, yes, I'm going to look into that one given the iMore article on various UV phone cleaners: https://www.imore.com/best-uv-phone-...s-and-bacteria

I probably should've gone with that one in the first place, but got seduced by the 3 for 2 offer. My bad. But the article and the web site state it takes 10 minutes and you say 5....? The web site also only lists the compatibility for the iPhone 8, 8 Plus and X. Makes me wonder if they haven't updated their marketing in 2 years. Also see they're not shipping until July.
    05-07-2020 07:38 AM
    Thanks, yes, I'm going to look into that one given the iMore article on various UV phone cleaners: https://www.imore.com/best-uv-phone-...s-and-bacteria

I probably should've gone with that one in the first place, but got seduced by the 3 for 2 offer. My bad. But the article and the web site state it takes 10 minutes and you say 5....? The web site also only lists the compatibility for the iPhone 8, 8 Plus and X. Makes me wonder if they haven't updated their marketing in 2 years. Also see they're not shipping until July.
    The Pro has an “express” mode. Look under the Pro specifically. I put my 11 Pro Max with case and my kids 11’s w/case and pop sockets on them in there and they fit fine. Also have done small remotes.
    05-07-2020 08:22 AM
    If I were going to buy a UV Sanitizer, it would definitely be a Phone Soap Pro! I've heard so many good things about their products. I did look into it back in March, but they were sold out. I'll have to check into it again!

Edited to add... they are accepting pre-orders, on all models, which are due to ship sometime in June.
    05-07-2020 08:42 AM
    If I were going to buy a UV Sanitizer, it would definitely be a Phone Soap Pro! I've heard so many good things about their products. I did look into it back in March, but they were sold out. I'll have to check into it again!

Edited to add... they are accepting pre-orders, on all models, which are due to ship sometime in June.
    I am debating the Home Soap so we can stick iPads, game controllers etc in there. Probably pass the Phone Soap to my oldest if she’ll use it.
    05-07-2020 09:00 AM
    Whoa! Thank you! I had just followed the link from the iMore article--was too stupid to check to see what other products they had! Not only will I get a Pro, but I'm going to spring for the HomeSoap for iPads etc. and the AirSoap so I don't have to keep replacing filters for my HEPA unit.

Thanks again for taking the time to post--this is what makes the forums great! I just posted my frustration with the totallee on a whim, but am sure glad I did!
    wenrob likes this.
    05-07-2020 09:21 AM
    Won’t alcohol wipes do the same thing?
    05-07-2020 09:28 AM
    Won’t alcohol wipes do the same thing?
    Sure but have you ever seen how kids “clean”? 🤣 This gets every nook and cranny. Plus you can put things like keys, credit cards, cash, masks etc. in there. Lots of things not easily wiped down or washed.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    05-07-2020 09:35 AM
    Whoa! Thank you! I had just followed the link from the iMore article--was too stupid to check to see what other products they had! Not only will I get a Pro, but I'm going to spring for the HomeSoap for iPads etc. and the AirSoap so I don't have to keep replacing filters for my HEPA unit.

Thanks again for taking the time to post--this is what makes the forums great! I just posted my frustration with the totallee on a whim, but am sure glad I did!
    You are very welcome. Glad to help.
    05-07-2020 09:38 AM
    Oh, no--I just discovered this site: https://www.cureuv.com/collections/handheld-sterilizers

This could get expensive!
    05-07-2020 09:40 AM
    Sure but have you ever seen how kids “clean”? This gets every nook and cranny. Plus you can put things like keys, credit cards, cash, masks etc. in there. Lots of things not easily wiped down or washed.
    The articles states, “According to totallee's website, your phone is 18 times dirtier than a public toilet.”...(laughing)....Not “my” phone.

Anyway, I can see how useful the product can be, especially for kids.
    05-07-2020 09:53 AM
    Oh, no--I just discovered this site: https://www.cureuv.com/collections/handheld-sterilizers

This could get expensive!
    Oh yeah I’ve seen those. You have to be careful though you could do damage to yourself with those. If you have young kids I wouldn’t take the chance they wouldn’t play with it. For me, being able to just toss in what would be the grimiest, phones, remotes, keys, CASH is enough. And even then I still wipe them down.
    05-07-2020 12:03 PM
    Yes, I've decided to stick with the PhoneSoap stuff, thanks!
    wenrob likes this.
    05-07-2020 12:15 PM