Hearing that Apple has purchased Dak Sky immediately made me think of how much better the Apple Weather app could become, but there's lots of reasons to dislike the move as well.

Full story from the iMore Blog...
    04-01-2020 12:30 PM
    When I saw the pop up in the app, I was shocked and excited. Dark Sky is one of my fave apps! I’m looking forward to whatever Apple has in store.
    ThePinkChameleon and pr1nce like this.
    04-03-2020 07:28 PM
    I suppose it’s all grist to Apple’s mill, it does not excite me because Dark Sky’s short range precipitation forecasting does not work very well. I suppose I should add that I’m in the UK and it may work better elsewhere.
    Annie_M likes this.
    04-04-2020 03:44 AM
    I guess it’s easier to buy something and add it to an ecosystem than it is to develop it from scratch.

Just leave Carrot Weather alone.
    04-04-2020 08:05 AM
    I’ve been less than happy with Dark Sky... it’s location has been off as well as it’s accuracy.
    04-04-2020 10:47 AM
    I always hear mixed reviews about Dark Sky’s accuracy, but I guess it all depends on location. Luckily for me, it works extremely well. I use it along with other apps & the notifications I get from each pretty much say the same thing across the board. Hopefully that will continue.
    04-05-2020 09:50 AM
    I always hear mixed reviews about Dark Sky’s accuracy, but I guess it all depends on location. Luckily for me, it works extremely well. I use it along with other apps & the notifications I get from each pretty much say the same thing across the board. Hopefully that will continue.
    I don’t care for the design of Dark Sky, but its accuracy is always on-point, in my experience.
    nikkisharif and pr1nce like this.
    04-05-2020 10:36 AM
    I don’t care for the design of Dark Sky, but its accuracy is always on-point, in my experience.
    The design is terrible...always has been lol
    Just_Me_D and Annie_M like this.
    04-05-2020 10:38 AM
    The design is terrible...always has been lol
    I know, right?...
    nikkisharif and Annie_M like this.
    04-05-2020 10:39 AM
    Not happy about this at all.it was my go-to app on my Android phone and now it's being discontinued on it. 😞
    04-05-2020 12:00 PM
    Not happy about this at all.it was my go-to app on my Android phone and now it's being discontinued on it.
    Yeah, the Android part of the agreement is definitely a bummer.
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
    04-05-2020 01:01 PM
    I like how people are making mock designs of changes that Apple won't make. Dark Sky loses a huge part of its (potential) user base to be locked into a weather app so many actively avoid and replace. I fail to see how this is an improvement to anything other than the pockets of Dark Sky.
    Tartarus and HelloNNNewman like this.
    04-05-2020 02:24 PM
    I like how people are making mock designs of changes that Apple won't make. Dark Sky loses a huge part of its (potential) user base to be locked into a weather app so many actively avoid and replace. I fail to see how this is an improvement to anything other than the pockets of Dark Sky.
    I couldn’t agree more.
    Thanks for posting this.
    04-05-2020 03:46 PM
    I think this is great news.

Never really opened the app, not a fan of its ux/ui.

But it’s precipitation Alerts were eerily accurate down to the minute here in London.
    04-06-2020 07:38 AM