Android flagship phones depreciate nearly twice as fast as iPhones

Slash82

May 8, 2018
Visit site
It might be a thing because of software support.
There are a lot of great Android devices out there - hardware wise.
But the only Android devices I know getting great software support are pixel phones and when you look at Samsung phones they don't have the reputation for good or long software support. This might be a factor.

sinime

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I want to say I read somewhere that android phones, depending on manufacture, May only receive 1, 2, or 3 major OS updates... i think my s8+ revived its last OS update around 1.5 years after it came out. Around when I purchased the s8+, my wife got an iPhone 8... so right now my s8+ is kind of obsolete while the iPhone is still fully supported. There is an obvious value add to iOS devices, which doesn’t surprise me that it translates to higher resale values.

FWIW, we still use s8+ & iPhone 8 as secondary device for the kids to play with. And I need to add that the iPhone is holding strong while the android has hiccups quite often. Screen won’t turn on, brightness might go wacky, some arrant thing will drain the battery very fast. It has to be restarted maybe once a week, and all that’s on it is stock apps and Pokémon go. So I’d say the iPhone hardware may be more sound as well. My wife used to have an s6 Active and while I can’t recall how long into its life cycle the problems started, but it developed an issue where the screen would go unresponsive and you’d have to restart it 2-3 times to get the screen to come on. Only way you could tell it was on was because of sounds it would make.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
A recent report out of BankMyCell reveals that Android flagships lost nearly twice as much value for resale in 2019 versus the iPhone. The Samsung Galaxy S10+ was the worst offender in 2019 losing $373 in value.

Full story from the iMore Blog...

Well the s10 did flop pretty bad last year.

S20 looks to be doing much worse this year, depreciation has already hit the s20 pretty hard and it just launched, second hand value is dropping like a rock.

1fa3f45259fed54a3f353b84da1fdf62.jpg

3886826b9db9dc2adfd5646c60eeceaf.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2