These days, it seems that every app is going with a subscription-based pricing model, and the subscription fatigue is real. I'm not sure about everyone else, but I'm reaching a breaking point.

Full story from the iMore Blog...
    01-31-2020 04:40 PM
    True...VERY TRUE
    Lee_Bo and Just_Me_D like this.
    01-31-2020 09:04 PM
    I know that feeling all too well. I’m actually sitting here looking at all the money I spend yearly on subscriptions and deciding which ones I’m willing to part with.
    Spencerdl and Just_Me_D like this.
    01-31-2020 10:35 PM
    I gave up on new apps for this reason
    Spencerdl, Lee_Bo and Just_Me_D like this.
    01-31-2020 10:51 PM
    I completely agree! Since this seems to be the trend, I’m becoming much more discerning about which apps I am willing to subscribe to.
    01-31-2020 11:23 PM
    I simply don't subscribe to any apps at all. I pay Apple 99¢ a month, and that's it. It's why I started a thread about what apps everyone subscribed to. I miss just paying $2.99 for a great app, with no monthly payment.
    Wotchered, kataran, Lee_Bo and 2 others like this.
    02-01-2020 01:38 AM
    I still do not subscribe to any apps, unless you count Amazon Prime and Kindle unlimited where the service is what is being paid for. I have been tempted, just to lose the ads on Spotify and Youtube, then I wake up and look at how much a year these things come to.... if I ate plainly I could eat for a month on that !
    Ledsteplin, Spencerdl and Lee_Bo like this.
    02-01-2020 09:07 AM
    I think this is the way they want it. It is easy to forget which ones you signed up for and then get automatic yearly renewals. Best to check once in a while and make sure you’re still not paying for something you don’t use any more.
    Lee_Bo likes this.
    02-01-2020 10:34 AM
    I don't mind a one time payment for a premium app, but this whole subscription thing has gotten totally out of hand and I honestly blame Apple for letting this happen. I think it actually started with the gaming apps. In my opinion once you pay for an app you should get all that's available within that app and not pay for a subscription to get the "extras"...I think it's called GREED. Just sayin'
    Lee_Bo, staceymj86 and kataran like this.
    02-01-2020 10:43 AM
    The only Apple subscriptions I’m willing to pay for are iCloud storage and Apple Music. Definitely no subscriptions for apps.
    Spencerdl and Lee_Bo like this.
    02-01-2020 12:23 PM
    I only subscribe to streaming services for tv shows and Music.
    There is this one navigation app, TomTom, that has changed their service to subscription.
    I’ve simply decided not to use it anymore. Maps does the same.
    I only subscribe for a month to TomTom when I’m going abroad with my car and need the extra options it offers above Maps.

While I do understand why developers have switched to subscription based apps, I simply don’t feel obligated to use subscription-only apps.
    Lee_Bo and Spencerdl like this.
    02-01-2020 12:26 PM
    I know that feeling all too well. I’m actually sitting here looking at all the money I spend yearly on subscriptions and deciding which ones I’m willing to part with.
    I will be doing the same thing later today, but with streaming apps.
    Tartarus, Lee_Bo and Spencerdl like this.
    02-01-2020 12:34 PM
    Cancelled Adobe Cloud last night. Dropped iCloud storage from 200 gigs to 50 gigs. Keeping Apple Music, Carrot Weather and Tapatalk VIP. I can live with those 4 subscriptions. Already getting Apple TV+ free free for a year and T-Mobile is paying for Netflix.
    Just_Me_D, Tartarus and Spencerdl like this.
    02-01-2020 12:47 PM