New iPhone 12 rumor points to thinner devices, taller form factor

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Going thinner again? I’ve yet to find anyone who isn’t okay with the slightly thicker iPhone 11 models because it means better battery life.
Hopefully this is simply a rumor and nothing more.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't understand the obsession with thinner. What's the point to it? They're too thin as is, IMO. Agree with Rob here.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I don’t understand this at all, but who am I If any of these rumors ring true, I might be sticking with my X & XS. The sizes that have been rumored just don’t appeal to me. I’ll definitely need to see the smallest option before deciding, but I’m pretty content with the size of the X/XS.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I agree with everyone here as well. The iPhone is thin enough as it is! Pretty soon we’ll be holding a phone as thin as paper no thanks !

IMO I really loved the form of the 4S and 5S. If Apple went back to that style I’d definitely ditch my 11 for it

staceymj86

Feb 18, 2019
Visit site
I definitely don’t want a device thinner than my XS Max. I don’t mind a thick iPhone at all. I hope Apple don’t use the design of the 4-5 series for the next release in September.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
It’s not that my Xr is necessarily too thick on its own but the fact that it’s made out of so much glass. That means I need a rather substantial protective case on it which makes it too thick in my book.
I enjoy the better battery life. Come up with a compromise.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Well, it turns out the XS Max is only marginally thinner than the SE. So with the 11 being thicker than the XS, I would assume the thinner size would be back to the XS thinness. Either way, thicker with flatter sides, something to actually hold on to, that’s what it needs to be.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods