A report from The Guardian suggests that Apple News has more direct access to readers than even the BBC in the run-up to the UK election.

Full story from the iMore Blog...
    12-11-2019 11:30 AM
    I have not looked at Apple news for, I suppose about a fortnight,I have never even seen a notification or any communication from it. I would never look at a foreign application for news about the politics of my own country. News takes up about ten minutes of my day and the BBC does that adequately.
    This article appears to assume its numbers on outward communications from Apple news correlate with individuals actually reading articles, I think that is sheer fantasy.
    Golurk likes this.
    12-14-2019 02:17 PM
    One thing that the BBC does better than Apple news is present relatively unbiased facts and information and leaving readers to form their own opinions. They also write very informative yet understandable guides on the mechanics of politics and how elections work (e.g first past the post vs proportional representation).

While Apple news has a different purpose it can sometimes give you blatantly biased and wrong articles.
    12-22-2019 01:41 PM
    BBC unbiased
    Classic go lurk, no idea what they are talking about.

Apple new biased , don’t think They have used Apple news.
    12-22-2019 02:05 PM
    People often confuse the term ‘biased’ with something that is true/fair but that they don’t agree with. The BBC does a pretty good job at not being biased, relative to tabloids and supposed online ‘truth-tellers’. Their articles are usually also not opinionated, which is a good thing.

As for Apple news, I said the articles they give you (not Apple news itself) can be sometimes biased and wrong.

Come on FFR, I know you can read...you can do better than that :P

EDIT: I should hope that any Brits on this forum can understand what I’m getting at here, because (as usual) FFR is ignoring what I’m actually saying and using out of context headlines to justify his typical replies.
    Last edited by Golurk; 12-24-2019 at 04:07 AM.
    TgeekB likes this.
    12-23-2019 08:48 AM
    So the bbc is relatively unbiased when compared to tabloids.

And Apple news is biased.

Classic go lurk.

One thing that the BBC does better than Apple news is present relatively unbiased facts and information and leaving readers to form their own opinions.
    12-23-2019 12:30 PM