512 gb? I'd have to just not get one if it were that much. Not paying $1,449 or adding $54 a month to my phone bill. It's high enough as is. The option is there for those who want 512. No need to force it on everyone who wants a Max size iPhone.
    Don’t misunderstand me. I’m not saying that Apple should “force” everyone who wants the flagship device to pay $1, 449.00. What I am saying is this: if you’re going to offer a non-Pro model, a Pro model, and a Pro Max model then the Pro “Max” model should automatically come with the “Max” storage capacity and price for it should be what the current base price is for it now.
    12-09-2019 06:20 PM
    Don’t misunderstand me. I’m not saying that Apple should “force” everyone who wants the flagship device to pay $1, 449.00. What I am saying is this: if you’re going to offer a non-Pro model, a Pro model, and a Pro Max model then the Pro “Max” model should automatically come with the “Max” storage capacity and price for it should be what the current base price is for it now.
    Agree if the price is $1,099 for 512 gb, or even 256. That won't happen though.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    12-09-2019 06:31 PM
    Agree if the price is $1,099 for 512 gb, or even 256. That won't happen though.
    Yeah, I know...
    12-09-2019 06:32 PM
    The big question is should it be enough??

Bigger camera

Data rich apps

Bigger OS updates

Only 5 GBs of free cloud space

Premium prices

I use to be tired of managing my data and don’t believe I have to live in a trailer sized mansion
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    12-09-2019 07:23 PM
    The problem started when they eliminated SD storage. (Which I have on my Nokia 7.1)
    12-09-2019 07:33 PM
    For some people it is and for some people it isn’t. I’m definitely one of the people who could get by with it.
    Agreed! I’m using a 64GB 11 Pro right now (and before that a 64GB iPhone XR) with 0 problems. But, like just about everything in life, YMMV.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    12-10-2019 02:18 AM
    IMHO, it all comes down to the content you keep on your device.

Do you have lots of media or large games? You likely need more storage. If not, 64GB is likely enough.

For me, I don't keep any music on my device. I listen to audiobooks, but that is mostly just one at a time and relatively small (less than 1GB). I take a lot of pictures, but I back those up to Google Photos and delete them. As for apps, it has never been enough to push me on space.
    12-10-2019 03:19 PM
    The phone company I’m with has the 64gb 11 pro for $72 a month and the 256gb model for $83. Only $11 extra a month is worth it in my opinion
    12-10-2019 03:36 PM
    So y’all just complaining about the price in general?!?
    Ledsteplin and Rob Phillips like this.
    12-10-2019 06:33 PM
    Yeah, pretty much....(laughing)
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    12-10-2019 06:35 PM
    Of course. The price is flat out ridiculous and I cringe just thinking about how much of that simply goes in Apple’s pocket.
    That being said, I can’t wait to throw $1,300+ on next year’s Pro Max replacement.
    grover5 likes this.
    12-10-2019 08:44 PM
    They are ridiculously priced however not everyone has this kind of Deep pockets to throw at a device .
    12-11-2019 06:00 AM
    They are ridiculously priced however not everyone has this kind of Deep pockets to throw at a device .
    Then they shouldn’t buy one. An iPhone isn’t a human right. If one can not afford to pay the price they should probably seek a cheaper option that they can afford.
    wenrob and Annie_M like this.
    12-11-2019 06:58 AM
    Then they shouldn’t buy one. An iPhone isn’t a human right. If one can not afford to pay the price they should probably seek a cheaper option that they can afford.
    It’s this type of thinking that has people leaving iPhone. The exact reason why they need to come out with the SE2/9. It has nothing to do with rights, it has to do with sales which are dropping. People are smartening up.
    12-11-2019 08:46 AM
    It’s this type of thinking that has people leaving iPhone. The exact reason why they need to come out with the SE2/9. It has nothing to do with rights, it has to do with sales which are dropping. People are smartening up.
    True but dropping smartphone sales are happening slowly across the board, not just at Apple. In fact, year-over-year iPhone shipments slipped only by a small margin, much of that due to an uptick in Samsung sales. If Apple wants to appeal to the discount market they need to offer the right products at the right price points. That’s up to them if they feel it adds value to their business. They have never been keen on low prices but with revenues shifting to services they need devices in as many hands as possible, even if that means offering cheap alternatives to thousand dollar iPhones.
    So, to respond to your comment, perhaps some people are smartening up, but it’s also possible that people just aren’t upgrading as frequently as they used to. I honestly think it’s a little of both.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    12-11-2019 09:21 AM
    True but dropping smartphone sales are happening slowly across the board, not just at Apple. In fact, year-over-year iPhone shipments slipped only by a small margin, much of that due to an uptick in Samsung sales. If Apple wants to appeal to the discount market they need to offer the right products at the right price points. That’s up to them if they feel it adds value to their business. They have never been keen on low prices but with revenues shifting to services they need devices in as many hands as possible, even if that means offering cheap alternatives to thousand dollar iPhones.
    So, to respond to your comment, perhaps some people are smartening up, but it’s also possible that people just aren’t upgrading as frequently as they used to. I honestly think it’s a little of both.
    I agree that it’s both. As you stated with revenues now more about services, it’s how many devices you sell more that hardware profits. If wireless (5g and beyond) continues to advance, you will no longer need an expensive smartphone because the power will come from online services. It will be interesting to see how they react.
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    12-11-2019 09:26 AM
    12-11-2019 10:27 AM
    I’m completely serious. If more people stopped buying things they couldn’t afford we would all be much better off in the long run.
    Annie_M likes this.
    12-11-2019 10:31 AM
    I’m completely serious. If more people stopped buying things they couldn’t afford we would all be much better off in the long run.
    Do you really think iPhones are worth over $1000? Serious question. I’m speaking value.
    12-11-2019 10:56 AM
    Do you really think iPhones are worth over $1000? Serious question. I’m speaking value.
    That’s a really good question. The short answer is NO, I don’t think they are. My iPhone is my lifeline and I can’t imagine not having it. But that said, it doesn’t do a whole lot that a $400 Android can’t do. So comparatively speaking a $1,000 iPhone isn’t worth what we pay for it.
    It does make me think about all of the equipment and resources that would have been required 15 years ago in order to accomplish what today’s smartphones can do with ease. I’m sure $1,000 would have been a drop in a bucket back then.
    12-11-2019 11:04 AM
    That’s a really good question. The short answer is NO, I don’t think they are. My iPhone is my lifeline and I can’t imagine not having it. But that said, it doesn’t do a whole lot that a $400 Android can’t do. So comparatively speaking a $1,000 iPhone isn’t worth what we pay for it.
    That’s the way I think. It’s not about whether I can afford the most expensive iPhone because I can, I just won’t pay for it because it’s value does not meet my measure. Also, I’m getting tired of lack of choice. If I’m paying top dollar, don’t limit my choices. (No headphone jack, no removable storage, etc.)
    I’ve been an Apple fan for a long time, I still have the original iPhone. I just see them deliberately leaving customers behind. Again, we’ll see if they come out with the rumored 9 at $399.
    wilber1 likes this.
    12-11-2019 11:20 AM
    Again, we’ll see if they come out with the rumored 9 at $399.
    And the base model should be 64 gb for $399.
    12-11-2019 12:39 PM
    And the base model should be 64 gb for $399.
    Nothing wrong with that and it's plenty of storage for most people.
    12-11-2019 12:51 PM
    I guess what I was saying was y’all complaining about the prices does nothing to drop said prices. If you seriously want to impact, you have to refuse to participate. Not being a smart arse here, but if you’re not part of the solution, you’re part of the problem.

I agree with all of you on pricing in general. But a tactic, is to BOGO for instance and then don’t upgrade for couple of years. Become part of what causes the data trend in slowing and declining sales and margins.
    12-11-2019 03:45 PM
    It’s this type of thinking that has people leaving iPhone. The exact reason why they need to come out with the SE2/9. It has nothing to do with rights, it has to do with sales which are dropping.
    People are smartening up.
    That’s actually not true.
    There are more active iPhone users today then there were a year ago.

Sales are actually great according to apples financials, much better than everyone else.

Yes they are worth over a $1000, perhaps not to you but the market has spoken on the matter.

For reference, The Moto RAZR was over 1000 dollars when it first launched and was a huge success, it’s funny because no one brought up value at the time, every one just wanted one.

It does make me think about all of the equipment and resources that would have been required 15 years ago in order to accomplish what today’s smartphones can do with ease. I’m sure $1,000 would have been a drop in a bucket back then.
    iPhones also last much longer than android, not to mention 5-6 years softwares updates.

Stainless steel construction; nvm storage, best speakers, best battery life, best and only mobile display that is capable of Dolby vision, best soc, unmatched, 8core npu, Uwb support.... and that’s comparing the iPhone pro to other android flagships not android budget phones.

Have a look at a company called vertu, 1000 dollar phone from them would have been a bargain.
    Annie_M likes this.
    12-11-2019 05:21 PM
70 123