According to supply chain analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, Apple may release a wireless iPhone without any ports as soon as 2021.

Full story from the iMore Blog...
    12-05-2019 05:12 PM
    That would be convenient, but what about the earphone hole
    The actual 3.5 headphone jack was removed in 2017. That was when the dongle appeared, allowing people to connect their headphones via the lightning port. My guess is that most folks are now using wireless headphones/earbuds, thus rendering wired headphones obsolete.
    kataran likes this.
    12-16-2019 08:54 AM
    No holes well how is the water gonna get in it
    Annie_M likes this.
    12-16-2019 12:05 PM
    Well I won’t be getting it. I have never used a wireless charger in my life and I still use wired headphones
    12-16-2019 02:02 PM
    Well I won’t be getting it. I have never used a wireless charger in my life and I still use wired headphones
    Never say never
    kataran and Annie_M like this.
    12-16-2019 04:34 PM
    The actual 3.5 headphone jack was removed in 2017. That was when the dongle appeared, allowing people to connect their headphones via the lightning port. My guess is that most folks are now using wireless headphones/earbuds, thus rendering wired headphones obsolete.
    It would force me to buy Bluetooth headphones. I currently plug computer speakers into my 6s Plus at my recliner. I guess I'll need a dongle next year when I upgrade to the iPhone 12 Super Pro Max³. The earpods that come with the iPhone don't stay in my ears. I'll eventually get a set of over the head Bluetooth headphones. I had a set, but they broke.
    12-17-2019 08:29 AM
    It would force me to buy Bluetooth headphones. I currently plug computer speakers into my 6s Plus at my recliner. I guess I'll need a dongle next year when I upgrade to the iPhone 12 Super Pro Max³. The earpods that come with the iPhone don't stay in my ears. I'll eventually get a set of over the head Bluetooth headphones. I had a set, but they broke.
    Changes like this create the need for us to change too. I don't always like it... but going with the flow seems better than being left behind!
    12-17-2019 08:39 AM
    Changes like this create the need for us to change too. I don't always like it... but going with the flow seems better than being left behind!
    I just haven't figured out how I'll set it up so I can use Bluetooth headphones with my tuner. I think I'll need a Bluetooth receiver gadget that plugs into the headphone jack of the tuner. It's an older model Sony. I'll have it all figured out soon enough.
    12-17-2019 11:05 AM
    I just haven't figured out how I'll set it up so I can use Bluetooth headphones with my tuner. I think I'll need a Bluetooth receiver gadget that plugs into the headphone jack of the tuner. It's an older model Sony. I'll have it all figured out soon enough.
    You're probably right! This type of situation is when I have to ask my husband. I do miss radio shack for these type of things!
    12-17-2019 11:07 AM
    I figured at some point Apple would go completely wireless, but I hope they’d at least maintain a way to connect to a MacBook for restoring purposes and other troubleshooting purposes.
    12-17-2019 05:31 PM
    I figured at some point Apple would go completely wireless, but I hope they’d at least maintain a way to connect to a MacBook for restoring purposes and other troubleshooting purposes.
    They'll have a new way to restore via iTunes wirelessly...for a price. And iPhones will be trouble free in 2021.
    12-17-2019 05:41 PM