Apple may release a completely wireless iPhone as soon as 2021

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
That would be convenient, but what about the earphone hole:dancing:

The actual 3.5 headphone jack was removed in 2017. That was when the dongle appeared, allowing people to connect their headphones via the lightning port. My guess is that most folks are now using wireless headphones/earbuds, thus rendering wired headphones obsolete.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The actual 3.5 headphone jack was removed in 2017. That was when the dongle appeared, allowing people to connect their headphones via the lightning port. My guess is that most folks are now using wireless headphones/earbuds, thus rendering wired headphones obsolete.

It would force me to buy Bluetooth headphones. I currently plug computer speakers into my 6s Plus at my recliner. I guess I'll need a dongle next year when I upgrade to the iPhone 12 Super Pro Max³. The earpods that come with the iPhone don't stay in my ears. I'll eventually get a set of over the head Bluetooth headphones. I had a set, but they broke.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
It would force me to buy Bluetooth headphones. I currently plug computer speakers into my 6s Plus at my recliner. I guess I'll need a dongle next year when I upgrade to the iPhone 12 Super Pro Max³. The earpods that come with the iPhone don't stay in my ears. I'll eventually get a set of over the head Bluetooth headphones. I had a set, but they broke.

Changes like this create the need for us to change too. :D I don't always like it... but going with the flow seems better than being left behind! :D

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Changes like this create the need for us to change too. :D I don't always like it... but going with the flow seems better than being left behind! :D

I just haven't figured out how I'll set it up so I can use Bluetooth headphones with my tuner. I think I'll need a Bluetooth receiver gadget that plugs into the headphone jack of the tuner. It's an older model Sony. I'll have it all figured out soon enough.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I just haven't figured out how I'll set it up so I can use Bluetooth headphones with my tuner. I think I'll need a Bluetooth receiver gadget that plugs into the headphone jack of the tuner. It's an older model Sony. I'll have it all figured out soon enough.

You're probably right! This type of situation is when I have to ask my husband. I do miss radio shack for these type of things! :D

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I figured at some point Apple would go completely wireless, but I hope they’d at least maintain a way to connect to a MacBook for restoring purposes and other troubleshooting purposes.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I figured at some point Apple would go completely wireless, but I hope they’d at least maintain a way to connect to a MacBook for restoring purposes and other troubleshooting purposes.

They'll have a new way to restore via iTunes wirelessly...for a price. And iPhones will be trouble free in 2021.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro