The in-display Touch ID would coexist with Face ID, giving users multiple ways to unlock their phone and authenticate payments.

Full story from the iMore Blog...
    10-03-2019 11:12 AM
    I mean, why?

I already got used to my new 11 Pro Max (from the 7 Plus), so why bring it back? Face ID (with PIN backup) is working just fine now.
    10-03-2019 12:55 PM
    Surely the in screen Touch ID wouldn’t be as secure as previous Touch ID. Seems more like a gimmick rather than functional. I am fine with FaceID for now.
    10-03-2019 03:17 PM
    I get that it’s nice to have TouchID. And there are instances that it’s beneficial, but for me it’s definitely not a must. And there is the fact that I’m writing this on my iPhone 7 Plus.
    Al Paca likes this.
    10-03-2019 03:24 PM
    As long as both are available I’m okay with it. Just don’t take FaceID back!
    10-03-2019 04:23 PM
    Surely the in screen Touch ID wouldn’t be as secure as previous Touch ID. Seems more like a gimmick rather than functional. I am fine with FaceID for now.
    If it's not as secure, they should leave it off. I don't want it just to have it. I'd prefer it serves a functional purpose with the security Apples authentication methods have been known for.

I'm fine with FaceID.
    10-03-2019 04:27 PM
    I wonder why it’s ‘surely’ not as secure as the previous iteration of TouchID.
    If Apple is known for anything, it’s that they take security and privacy very, very seriously. And surely they wouldn’t implement it if it wasn’t so.
    10-03-2019 04:38 PM
    If Apple is known for anything, it’s that they take security and privacy very, very seriously. And surely they wouldn’t implement it if it wasn’t so.
    I agree. We will see it when we see it.
    10-03-2019 04:54 PM
    My thoughts as well! There's always an outcry when Apple introduces something new. I was definitely not a fan of Face ID when it was announced, nor have I used it. My opinion has changed over time, because of all the positive responses from people who use it. So whatever is on Apple's "drawing board" will most likely be just fine!
    Last edited by Annie_8plus; 10-03-2019 at 05:14 PM. Reason: another typo
    10-03-2019 05:13 PM