iPhone 11's popularity could negatively impact iPhone ASP

Khalid Masood

Sep 25, 2019
Visit site
No I dont think so, Apple users are always loyal to Apple products, yes competitors like samsung are creating rumors about iPhone XR , but all in all Apple is far batter than its competitors in the market

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
6% drop in asp, so $8, don’t know why analysts are trying to spin strong iPhone demand as a negative.

I no longer trust Wall Street analysts regarding Apple after they claimed poor sales for the x and a year later for the xr. They were proven wrong twice and had to retract, some even apologized for the bias.

No I dont think so, Apple users are always loyal to Apple products, yes competitors like samsung are creating rumors about iPhone XR , but all in all Apple is far batter than its competitors in the market

I believe you are right. If you look at competitors flagship phones like Samsung’s s10 and note 10 series which are a commercial flop this year, it gives perspective on just how well Apple is doing actually selling phones that consumers are actually willing to buy.

As for the current state of android oems:

Premium galaxy sales are so bad Samsung is rumored to ditch the s and note series and rebrand next year.

Googles pixel 3 series has also been a sales flop, and given the iPhone 11 pro like prices for the pixel 4 series its only going to get worse for google pixel sales from here on out.

Lg and Sony’s mobile divisions are crumbling.

Essential, razer, and blackberry stopped making android phones.

Huawei lost access to google services and google apps and handset sales have fallen off a cliff everywhere but China.

Meanwhile in China, Huaweis ban drove Chinese consumers to support Huawei, mostly purchasing smartphones that are priced $600 and below. This sucked all the oxygen out of the room for all the other Chinese oems domestically speaking.

OPPO, vivo, Xiaomi, one plus, Lenovo, and miezu all saw significant sales drop in China because most of their sales are compromised of smartphones priced 600 and below. Apple on the other hand is insulated due to the high price point iPhone sells in China, $900+. Older iPhone models are sold at lower prices.

Apple and the iPhone are certainly in a better position going forward than any other android oem.

Last edited:

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
6% drop in asp, so $8, don’t know why analysts are trying to spin strong iPhone demand as a negative.

I no longer trust Wall Street analysts regarding Apple after they claimed poor sales for the x and a year later for the xr. They were proven wrong twice and had to retract, some even apologized for the bias...

Agree 100%

Golurk

May 20, 2019
Visit site
The arrival of iPhone 11 and the continued sale of iPhone XR might drive down iPhone's average selling price, according to reports.

Full story from the iMore Blog...

They might’ve made mistakes in the past, but I’m pretty sure that expert analysts know more about this than us ordinary people. And @Khalid Masood competitors do that to each other all the time...plus why is your username one of an ISIS terrorist responsible for the deaths of 5 innocent people???

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I believe you are right. If you look at competitors flagship phones like Samsung’s s10 and note 10 series which are a commercial flop this year, it gives perspective on just how well Apple is doing actually selling phones that consumers are actually willing to buy.

What reporting or numbers do we have that support this assumption?

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
What reporting or numbers do we have that support this assumption?

Where have you been?

Q1 2019
8424b993fb6fed6396497161f6342010.png

Q2 2019
126d538248e7835023f7d4fd80e4159b.jpg
a3e10af3472d8e34cb767ef9564df548.jpg

Samsung even disclosed it themselves. Poor s10 sales in their quarterly report.

d9db56a9710bb28121e52225c8debe3e.plist

S9 sales:
72e82904a7e34f765dea7f262c282496.plist

Don’t think your using the word assumption in the right way.

Samsung thinking about canceling the s and or note series.
bbb0ea3102ee78b0bed15b694423e5f1.plist

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Where have you been?

Q1 2019
8424b993fb6fed6396497161f6342010.png

Q2 2019
126d538248e7835023f7d4fd80e4159b.jpg
a3e10af3472d8e34cb767ef9564df548.jpg

Samsung even disclosed it themselves. Poor s10 sales in their quarterly report.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190925/d9db56a9710bb28121e52225c8debe3e.plist

S9 sales:
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190925/72e82904a7e34f765dea7f262c282496.plist

Don’t think your using the word assumption in the right way.

Samsung thinking about canceling the s and or note series.
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190925/bbb0ea3102ee78b0bed15b694423e5f1.plist

I honestly haven't followed the S10 sales. I'm not sure what Samsungs expectations for the device were. I guess, similarly, reports such as the ones on the iPhone may indicate to the Pro series having a similar fate.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I honestly haven't followed the S10 sales. I'm not sure what Samsungs expectations for the device were.

Don’t think you understand what I posted.

It’s has nothing to do with expectations or reports on inaccurate projections like what happened to Apple.

Samsung’s financials and Samsung themselves said otherwise. All the reports I posted were quoting Samsung directly regarding poor s10 sales not analysts or thier projections.

While your right about false projections in regards to iPhone sales, apples financials proved otherwise and were issued and apology. Here is one example:

82edc18f5288c5f7913f5059ff692dd7.plist

I guess
similarly, reports such as the ones on the iPhone may indicate to the Pro series having a similar fate.

Well your guess would be wrong.

By all accounts iPhone sales for 2019 is looking to be a financial success for Apple with the iPhone XR and the iPhone XS Max selling very well through out the year not a flop like the s10 and note 10 have been for Samsung. Apple even posted a record q3 2019 in July. You can see what Samsung posted above and it’s not good.

Sales of premium smartphones are so bad for Samsung that they are going to ditch the s and note line and rebrand.
Meanwhile Apples iPhone pro and iPhone pro max are sold out until the 10th of October.

Golurk

May 20, 2019
Visit site
I honestly haven't followed the S10 sales. I'm not sure what Samsungs expectations for the device were. I guess, similarly, reports such as the ones on the iPhone may indicate to the Pro series having a similar fate.

I agree...I’m curious to see what happens. As I’ve said before, the experts know more than us.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Don’t think you understand what I posted.

It’s has nothing to do with expectations or reports on inaccurate projections like what happened to Apple.

Samsung’s financials and Samsung themselves said otherwise. All the reports I posted were quoting Samsung directly regarding poor s10 sales not analysts or thier projections.

While your right about false projections in regards to iPhone sales, apples financials proved otherwise and were issued and apology. Here is one example:

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190925/82edc18f5288c5f7913f5059ff692dd7.plist

Well your guess would be wrong.

By all accounts iPhone sales for 2019 is looking to be a financial success for Apple with the iPhone XR and the iPhone XS Max selling very well through out the year not a flop like the s10 and note 10 have been for Samsung. Apple even posted a record q3 2019 in July. You can see what Samsung posted above and it’s not good.

Sales of premium smartphones are so bad for Samsung that they are going to ditch the s and note line and rebrand.
Meanwhile Apples iPhone pro and iPhone pro max are sold out until the 10th of October.

Given that Apple doesn't report sales numbers, something tells me we will never truly know.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
They report revenue and profit just like everyone else, that means we will know.

No. That's not what that means. Their revenue and profit could be attributed to a wide variety of products. Not just the 11 Pro devices, which is what I'm referencing. Since they don't report on individual phone model sales, you won't know how it's performing definitively.

I guess overall, my intent is asking the initial question is two fold. 1) I just wanted to know how what you said about Samsung sales was quantified, which you provided. And most importantly, 2) why it's relevant? Why do we care how Samsung does and why do we as Apple users feel the need to introduce them into a conversation in defense of Apple?

Golurk

May 20, 2019
Visit site
No. That's not what that means. Their revenue and profit could be attributed to a wide variety of products. Not just the 11 Pro devices, which is what I'm referencing. Since they don't report on individual phone model sales, you won't know how it's performing definitively.

I guess overall, my intent is asking the initial question is two fold. 1) I just wanted to know how what you said about Samsung sales was quantified, which you provided. And most importantly, 2) why it's relevant? Why do we care how Samsung does and why do we as Apple users feel the need to introduce them into a conversation in defense of Apple?

He’s criticised Samsung to defend Apple before when Samsung wasn’t even mentioned...not sure how that makes sense (hint hint it doesn’t lol). There are plenty of better and valid reasons to use to defend Apple...criticising a rival looks like avoiding a question to me.

And also: The rumoured merger of the Note and S lines is a rumour, not a fact ._.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

No. Apple breaks down revenue and profit by products. So we will know how much iPhones made vs iPads or vs macs. Apple never offered a detailed breakdown of how many of each individual iPhones models were sold. Only total number sold.

iPhone revenue and profit can be compared to the industry, but the others don’t make much in comparison.

Apple is doing better than Samsung why would they need any defending?

You think 26billion in iPhone sales needs any defense?

Offering a summary of the current smartphone market highlights just how well apple is doing relative to the competition or lack there of. Cant reason as to why you would be so perturbed by it.

You’re intent is rather puzzling. No idea why you care how Samsung is doing. But you kept asking so you obviously do, then state as an Apple user you shouldn’t care and neither should anyone else.

Data and information is relevant, perhaps not to you... but others appreciate it.

Last edited:

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
He’s criticised Samsung to defend Apple before when Samsung wasn’t even mentioned...not sure how that makes sense (hint hint it doesn’t lol). There are plenty of better and valid reasons to use to defend Apple...criticising a rival looks like avoiding a question to me.

And also: The rumoured merger of the Note and S lines is a rumour, not a fact ._.

Don’t know why you’re getting triggered by it, but I highlighted the current state of the smartphone market where I mentioned more than apple and Samsung. Both of you seem to be only focused on Samsung.

Last edited:

Golurk

May 20, 2019
Visit site
No. Apple breaks down revenue and profit by products. So we will know how much iPhones made vs iPads or vs macs. Apple never offered a detailed breakdown of how many of each individual iPhones models were sold. Only total number sold.

iPhone revenue and profit can be compared to the industry, but the others don’t make much in comparison.

Apple is doing better than Samsung why would they need any defending?

You think 26billion in iPhone sales needs any defense?

Offering a summary of the current smartphone market highlights just how well apple is doing relative to the competition or lack there of. Cant reason as to why you would be so perturbed by it.

You’re intent is rather puzzling. No idea why you care how Samsung is doing. But you kept asking so you obviously do, then state as an Apple user you shouldn’t care and neither should anyone else.

Data and information is relevant, perhaps not to you... but others appreciate it.

I didn’t ask about Samsung...don’t know why you think so.

And data and information is relevant, just the right ones we wanted to know (like Apple sales figures which are never released). The data you provided doesn’t show the whole picture.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Just a question...would his username be breaking the rules? It’s the name of the terrorist responsible for the Westminster Bridge terror attacks.

iMore cannot readily prove that the username being used is not the member’s actual name.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen