The iPhone 11 Pro may be Apple's latest and greatest iPhone, but as far as Android OEMs are concerned, the regular iPhone 11 is what they should be most worried about.

Full story from the iMore Blog...
    09-10-2019 03:30 PM
    Android oems underestimated the last years iPhone XR as well....

09-10-2019 04:14 PM
    The iPhone 11 Pro may be Apple's latest and greatest iPhone, but as far as Android OEMs are concerned, the regular iPhone 11 is what they should be most worried about.

Full story from the iMore Blog...
    I’m curious to see how the iPhone 11 will sell, especially as Huawei is more or less being removed from the equation due to political interference from the USA.
    09-22-2019 03:48 AM
    I’m curious to see how the iPhone 11 will sell, especially as Huawei is more or less being removed from the equation due to political interference from the USA.
    I am as well. I don’t think they’ll see a signify change if sales in China based on the huge following Hawaii (I know lol) has there
    09-22-2019 05:41 AM
    I am as well. I don’t think they’ll see a signify change if sales in China based on the huge following Hawaii (I know lol) has there
    People in China don’t have Google anyway, so it doesn’t affect them. Plus they’re more patriotic than their equivalents in the West, so Huawei is actually doing even better than before in China as many support it against what they and many others believe to be political and economic bullying to halt a Chinese company’s success in favour of US companies.
    09-22-2019 11:56 AM
    The truth of the matter is Huawei’s current problems is suffocating other Chinese oems in China. oppo, vivo, Xiaomi all reported declines in domestic sales at the cost of Huaweis gains.

Apple on the other hand are insulated due to their high price points in China. Apple sold the xr for around $900 and they did great in 2019 in China.

It’s too bad Chinese patriotism is suffocating other Chinese oems in China instead of Apple, but I guess it is what it is.
    09-22-2019 01:56 PM
    The truth of the matter is Huawei’s current problems is suffocating other Chinese oems in China. oppo, vivo, Xiaomi all reported declines in domestic sales at the cost of Huaweis gains.

Apple on the other hand are insulated due to their high price points in China. Apple sold the xr for around $900 and they did great in 2019 in China.

[IMG=512x302]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190922/2820ed704762f8d7ec3cc5d50e9bed82.jpg[/url]

It’s too bad Chinese patriotism is suffocating other Chinese oems in China instead of Apple, but I guess it is what it is.
    True. But I guess their main aim is to support Huawei against unfounded American economic bullying, so in that sense they’ve succeeded (but at a price). Ideally to them, Apple would be suffering in China, Huawei would be doing well and the other Chinese OEMs being unaffected.

I always hate it when politics interferes in situations like this.
    10-01-2019 11:43 AM
    True. But I guess their main aim is to support Huawei against unfounded American economic bullying, so in that sense they’ve succeeded (but at a price). Ideally to them, Apple would be suffering in China, Huawei would be doing well and the other Chinese OEMs being unaffected.

I always hate it when politics interferes in situations like this.

Yes Chinese consumers have failed to boycott Apple and instead are suffocating other chinese brands in support of Huawei. Successful indeed.

Hope their success continues.
    10-01-2019 12:53 PM
    Yes Chinese consumers have failed to boycott Apple and instead are suffocating other chinese brands in support of Huawei. Successful indeed.

Hope their success continues.
    I was saying that one of their aims was to support Huawei and in that respect they have succeeded. I agree that in other respects they haven’t been successful. No need to try and cause an argument to try and stroke your own ego.
    10-01-2019 12:59 PM
    I was saying that one of their aims was to support Huawei and in that respect they have succeeded. I agree that in other respects they haven’t been successful. No need to try and cause an argument to try and stroke your own ego.
    Yes you were trying to justify their failure and called it a success, now it’s a partial success. Hope they keep boycotting other Chinese companies.... I mean I hope they keep succeeding.

You quoted me.
    So Were you stroking your ego trying to relabel an utter failure into a success?
    10-01-2019 01:07 PM
    Yes you were trying to justify their failure and called it a success, now it’s a partial success. Hope they keep boycotting other Chinese companies.... I mean I hope they keep succeeding.

You quoted me.
    So Were you stroking your ego trying to relabel an utter failure into a success?
    Lmao you’ve totally misunderstood me or just ignoring my point as usual. I was saying that while one of their aims was a failure, another was a success. Not justifying it or calling it entirely a success.

Pretty clear what my point is. Don’t even understand why you are disagreeing when I’m agreeing with you in the first place XD
    10-01-2019 01:13 PM
    Lmao you’ve totally misunderstood me or just ignoring my point as usual. I was saying that while one of their aims was a failure, another was a success. Not justifying it or calling it entirely a success.

Pretty clear what my point is. Don’t even understand why you are disagreeing when I’m agreeing with you in the first place XD
    Nothing to misunderstand, your posts are rather basic in structure.

So you are not advocating “partial success”?
    Certainly looks like it, repeatedly.

Perhaps you need to look up “justification” because you admittedly did, and still trying to, by labeling the failure as a partial success...or “calling it entirely successful” your words.

Regarding your point, Yes you believe that Chinese consumers engaging in an American boycott, was a partial success because one Chinese company and one American company have benefited the most, while every other Chinese oem has seen a decline in domestic sales. All in the name of Chinese nationalism.
    May they keep “succeeding” .

What disagreement? I have repeatedly stated I hope Chinese consumers continue with their “American boycott” of every other Chinese smartphone oem and keep buying the more expensive Apple iPhones and cheaper Huawei phones for the foreseeable future.

You seem to be conflated...Best of luck with that .
    10-01-2019 01:48 PM
    Nothing to misunderstand, your posts are rather basic in structure.

So you are not advocating “partial success”?
    Certainly looks like it, repeatedly.

Perhaps you need to look up “justification” because you admittedly did, and still trying to, by labeling the failure as a partial success...or “calling it entirely successful” your words.

Regarding your point, Yes you believe that Chinese consumers engaging in an American boycott, was a partial success because one Chinese company and one American company have benefited the most, while every other Chinese oem has seen a decline in domestic sales. All in the name of Chinese nationalism.
    May they keep “succeeding” .

What disagreement? I have repeatedly stated I hope Chinese consumers continue with their “American boycott” of every other Chinese smartphone oem and keep buying the more expensive Apple iPhones and cheaper Huawei phones for the foreseeable future.

You seem to be conflated...Best of luck with that .
    Yep, this confirms my prediction. Yet again, you’ve ignored my point. But I’m not in a permanent mood to argue unlike you are.

Have a good day
    10-01-2019 01:55 PM
    Yep, this confirms my prediction. Yet again, you’ve ignored my point. But I’m not in a permanent mood to argue unlike you are.

Have a good day
    Don’t think you understand your own point.

Also haven’t a clue why you keep using agreement and argument interchangeably, they don’t mean the same thing.

You keep quoting my posts, have you finished exercising your ego?

Best of luck with that.
    10-01-2019 02:04 PM
    (Shakes head in exasperation)

Some people never learn.
    10-13-2019 12:52 PM
    Keep it civil folks! Please refrain from personal attacks.
    TgeekB likes this.
    10-13-2019 01:35 PM
    Got it!
    Annie_M likes this.
    10-13-2019 02:28 PM
    What a difference a couple of months make:

Basically iPhones and cheap android devices.

The iPhone 11 was 2019's second best-selling phone despite launching in September

https://www.techspot.com/news/84203-...e-despite.html

And

Apple sales grow in China thanks to the iPhone 11

https://pocketnow.com/apple-sales-gr...-the-iphone-11

Guess some will never admit they are wrong.
    03-03-2020 11:06 AM
    Here is an update on Huawei if anyone is interested.It directly contradicts some of the assertions made by another member of the forum.

“Huawei’s last five months have shown a sharp decline in smartphones sales, down from 22.2 million in October to 5.5 million in February.”

-Ouch

“Domestic competitors Xiaomi and Oppo smell blood and are pushing the country’s leading tech giant hard. So hard, in fact, that Xiaomi took third-spot from Huawei for the first time ever, shipping 6.0 million units to its larger competitor’s 5.5, relegating Huawei to fourth spot. This is a big deal. Huawei sales dropped 70% February to February, 2019 to 2020. Xiaomi is down just 30% on its smaller base.”

- 70% drop in sales yoy, and a further decline of 20% is expected for 2020. That’s pretty bad. In 4th place, Huawei can’t even compete in the domestic Chinese market.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/zakdoff.../#dd647a95bae2
    04-18-2020 10:09 AM