Customers in the U.S. just won't use their phone to pay

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Not true, at least for me! I use mine whenever it's possible to do so!

Like you, I use Pay every chance I get, but in the big scheme of things, I agree with the article because I do see a great deal of people paying with either a debit/credit car or cash. People still stare when they see me pay with my iPhone or my Watch as if it’s a brand new function.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Like you, I use Pay every chance I get, but in the big scheme of things, I agree with the article because I do see a great deal of people paying with either a debit/credit car or cash. People still stare when they see me pay with my iPhone or my Watch as if it’s a brand new function.

I think a lot just don't trust it, seems like every time you turn around somethings being hacked.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Nope I don't use Apple Pay...I'm "OLD SCHOOL" with a card of some sort....LOL

Last edited:

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Old school and card?
Old school is pennies and bills. I use them barely. If Apple Pay was introduced by my bank already, I’d never even touch pennies and bills.

I mean I'm old school Yuk, not Apple Pay ...LOL. I still use cards.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Love Apple Pay to the point I spam dialed my bank asking for it for four months till they finally got on board.

End problem is most retailers I use don’t accept Apple Pay but I do have a few favs and some online use as well

I actually pay my Sprint bill via Apple Pay

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I’ve been using it for about a week. Simple and easily. I’m actually surprised I’ve been able to use it at a lot of locations. Not everywhere mind you but not bad.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I think a lot just don't trust it, seems like every time you turn around somethings being hacked.

True, which is why Apple needs to make a point of explaining how one time tokens are generated for every single “swipe” or “tap.” Even if digital. And if that gets hacked, they get a useless number. Most they can do is take the money you were going to spend.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
One problem I run into, is store employees who are clueless about Pay. The store offers it, but the employee has no clue what to do. I hold the phone up to the machine, but nothing happens. And the employee just shrugs. This makes me not want to waste my time with Pay. I don't thing many iPhone users in my area are using Pay. This may be why store employees are clueless. Not enough experience with it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox