Outlook and the rest of the Office mobile apps are getting dark modes

iMore.com

Administrator
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft is ready to go dark with Office. The company revealed today that it's rolling out a new dark mode for Outlook on mobile. The rest of the Office mobile suite will pick up a dark mode soon as well, giving your eyes a much needed rest from the current bright color schemes.

Full story from the iMore Blog...

Dwood1970

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
It’ll be out for everyone in time. The app update says they’re rolling it out in stages updates. So not everyone is getting it at the same time sadly. I am still waiting.

Make sure you check settings. I had to dig in there to turn it on, it wasn’t on with system wide dark mode like they said it would be.

Al Paca

Aug 10, 2018
Visit site
For Mobile Apple just go into settings and scroll down. It’s right there. To be honest I’ll likely leave it off. You can only turn it on or off, no “Automatic” setting to transition like iOS13 and I can’t have everything Dark Mode at all times...
abf553c7570ffe18e23b5c4acd12b90b.jpg

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
For Mobile Apple just go into settings and scroll down. It’s right there. To be honest I’ll likely leave it off. You can only turn it on or off, no “Automatic” setting to transition like iOS13 and I can’t have everything Dark Mode at all times...
abf553c7570ffe18e23b5c4acd12b90b.jpg

Yes, it’s a staged roll out, not everyone has it yet. Everyone will get it in time.

Al Paca

Aug 10, 2018
Visit site
Yes, it’s a staged roll out, not everyone has it yet. Everyone will get it in time.

I must have misunderstood. My understanding that the “staged roll out” meant first iOS Outlook App, then iPad Outlook, then MacOS App, and eventually all Microsoft Office Apps will have the option. I didn’t see anything that said only certain accounts would get the iOS Mail App over time. My mistake, must have misread.

Mine is not in Settings under Preferences. There is no preferences in iOS Mail App. It’s the Gears and then Settings screen. That’s where it’s confusing.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2