Score a saving on iPad Pro (2021): $100 off at Amazon

Just because you rent your home, doesn't mean it has to be dumb! You can still deck out your HomeKit with these accessories.

Full story from the iMore Blog...
    08-20-2019 01:12 PM
    It doesn’t appear that the “August Smart Lock, 3rd Generation” is compatible with HomeKit, only Bluetooth. I was interested since it would work with my existing lock, but no dice. I don’t have or want Alexa.
    Annie_M likes this.
    08-20-2019 03:11 PM
    Does anyone have any feedback on the WeMo outlets? I'm so curious and want to try one!
    scruffypig likes this.
    08-20-2019 03:28 PM
    I have two Wemo smart outlets. I haven’t had any problems with either and both were a breeze to setup with HomeKit. My personal advice is to download the Wemo app, but only use it to do the occasional check for firmware updates. Use the HomeKit app to program and control the outlets instead . Wemo advises there can be problems trying to program using both the Wemo app and HomeKit, which is understandable. If you have an Apple TV, HomePod or an iPad, set one of those up to be your HomeKit hub. It will be easier to organize all your smart things.

Also, remember that most smart devices still only work on 2.4 GHz WiFi networks and not 5.4 GHz. You will need to setup the Wemo outlets on your 2.4 GHz network. HomeKit should allow you to see all your see all your devices though from any where on your network, 2.4 or 5.4 GHz.
    Annie_M likes this.
    08-21-2019 08:43 AM
    I have two Wemo smart outlets. I haven’t had any problems with either and both were a breeze to setup with HomeKit. My personal advice is to download the Wemo app, but only use it to do the occasional check for firmware updates. Use the HomeKit app to program and control the outlets instead . Wemo advises there can be problems trying to program using both the Wemo app and HomeKit, which is understandable. If you have an Apple TV, HomePod or an iPad, set one of those up to be your HomeKit hub. It will be easier to organize all your smart things.

Also, remember that most smart devices still only work on 2.4 GHz WiFi networks and not 5.4 GHz. You will need to setup the Wemo outlets on your 2.4 GHz network. HomeKit should allow you to see all your see all your devices though from any where on your network, 2.4 or 5.4 GHz.
    Thank you so much for the great feedback!
    scruffypig likes this.
    08-21-2019 02:12 PM
    https://www.mycfavisit.reviews/
    I have two Wemo smart outlets. I haven’t had any problems with either and both were a breeze to setup with HomeKit. My personal advice is to download the Wemo app, but only use it to do the occasional check for firmware updates. Use the HomeKit app to program and control the outlets instead . chick fil a survey Wemo advises there can be problems trying to program using both the Wemo app and HomeKit, which is understandable. If you have an Apple TV, HomePod or an iPad, set one of those up to be your HomeKit hub. It will be easier to organize all your smart things.

love it thank for the valuable information…
    Last edited by Darrin32; 08-26-2019 at 12:12 AM.
    scruffypig likes this.
    08-23-2019 05:03 AM