Apple lost 17% market share in Europe in Q2 2019 from year-to-year according to new data. It now stands in third place behind Samsung and Huawei, but market share does not equal profit.

Full story from the iMore Blog...
    08-12-2019 12:30 PM
    Apple’s strategy has shifted. They’ve realised that the iPhone XS series didn’t do very well, but the XR did better due to its lower price. They’re hoping to catch up with their competitors with the triple rear camera iPhone XI (Max) which has a much bigger battery but even the more optimistic predict only slightly better sales.

Therefore as iPhones now account for less than 50% of their revenue their attention has shifted to making a bigger deal about how their phones offer better privacy (which is debatable, but a clever tactic) and releasing services like Apple credit card to try and keep their existing user base even more dependent on Apple and making it difficult for them to leave.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    08-14-2019 11:13 AM
    Apple’s strategy has shifted. They’ve realised that the iPhone XS series didn’t do very well, but the XR did better due to its lower price. They’re hoping to catch up with their competitors with the triple rear camera iPhone XI (Max) which has a much bigger battery but even the more optimistic predict only slightly better sales.

Therefore as iPhones now account for less than 50% of their revenue their attention has shifted to making a bigger deal about how their phones offer better privacy (which is debatable, but a clever tactic) and releasing services like Apple credit card to try and keep their existing user base even more dependent on Apple and making it difficult for them to leave.
    I totally agree. The concept of "pricing yourself out of the market" comes to mind, which means you have to find other alternatives within your business to make money. It usually comes from GREED. While I decided to get the "flagship iPhone" (Xs Max) last Sept., that will most likely be the last time I will pay that much for a smartphone (IMHO it's just not worth it). Make no mistake I really like Apple products, however it's just not feasible for me to continue along this path of Apple products pricing (iPhone, iPad, MacBook ect.)
    The Xr seems to be the best bang for the buck especially with pricing. I guess having the latest, greatest (most expensive) ...ANYTHING is no longer appealing to me. Getting the job done at a reasonable price has become more important.
    Samsung pricing has also become somewhat questionable, but at least they have reasonable SALES on their products along with a plethora of differently priced and affordable products.
    08-14-2019 11:45 AM
    I totally agree. The concept of "pricing yourself out of the market" comes to mind, which means you have to find other alternatives within your business to make money. It usually comes from GREED. While I decided to get the "flagship iPhone" (Xs Max) last Sept., that will most likely be the last time I will pay that much for a smartphone (IMHO it's just not worth it). Make no mistake I really like Apple products, however it's just not feasible for me to continue along this path of Apple products pricing (iPhone, iPad, MacBook ect.)
    The Xr seems to be the best bang for the buck especially with pricing. I guess having the latest, greatest (most expensive) ...ANYTHING is no longer appealing to me. Getting the job done at a reasonable price has become more important.
    Samsung pricing has also become somewhat questionable, but at least they have reasonable SALES on their products along with a plethora of differently priced and affordable products.
    I agree. Was considering getting a Note 8 or S9+ but the price and short 2 year update support put me off. Probably going to get a OnePlus 6/6T next
    08-14-2019 11:54 AM