Apple isn’t killing iTunes on Monday. Tim Cook isn’t coming to your house and deleting all the music and movies you’ve bought and downloaded over the years. So, what is happening?

Full story from the iMore Blog...
    06-01-2019 10:30 PM
    Be interesting to hear what they have planned for iTunes ,I have over 2000 songs,videos and movies associated with it .
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-02-2019 06:50 AM
    iTunes isn't and has never been perfect, in my opinion, but dang, I've always been amazed at the level of vitriol people directed toward it. They claim that nobody uses it anyway. That's a crock because I still use it, albeit primarily for backing up and restoring my iPhone and for music listening on occasion when I'm at work....
    scruffypig, Tartarus and kataran like this.
    06-02-2019 07:40 AM
    I agree with you. I use iTunes also. I do keep an encrypted archived backup of my devices, for that time that I will need it. It came in quite handy when troubleshooting a network problem with my phone company, where the phone company tech support person advised that the only way to fix their network issue was to log out of my iCloud and reset my phone. That didn’t fix their issue.

I still keep my iTunes music library on my NAS drive. I hope Apple will provide some sort of solution for people to backup and sync by computer and I hope they make it available to users who can still run the latest version of iTunes, since I can no longer upgrade to the latest OS X.
    06-02-2019 08:24 AM
    It will be interesting, indeed, to see what Apple will be presenting about this tomorrow! I think this is another case of mainstream media not having a clue about what they’re reporting.
    06-02-2019 08:58 AM