SoundHound vs. Shazam: Which music identification service should you use?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I've tried both. I grew frustrated with Shazam, and found SoundHound, which I used for quite a while. Then it seemed that Shazam was working better, so I'm using Shazam again! I won't worry about not being able to hum a song, because nobody wants to hear that (from me anyway)!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I've never felt the need for either one. However, back in the 70s, I used to call the radio station and ask for info on the previous song.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I've never felt the need for either one. However, back in the 70s, I used to call the radio station and ask for info on the previous song.

I use it very often.
When I’m on a music/dance festival, at a party with some music in the background, at work when the radio is hard enough and I want to know what catchy song it is that is playing and most often when I watch tv and like the music on the show.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I use it very often.
When I’m on a music/dance festival, at a party with some music in the background, at work when the radio is hard enough and I want to know what catchy song it is that is playing and most often when I watch tv and like the music on the show.

This is a good point... and a reminder of how SoundHound would be helpful when listening to bands at local bars or festivals... when you hear a song that you really like and you want to find it on iTunes. :D

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Interesting article.

I've used both but seem to keep going back to Shazam. Maybe because of it's simplicity. Maybe because Shazam is free and SH is $7. Or maybe it's the 4.9 star 3.13 million reviews Shazam has vs SH's 4.9 141k reviews. :)

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Interesting article.

I've used both but seem to keep going back to Shazam. Maybe because of it's simplicity. Maybe because Shazam is free and SH is $7. Or maybe it's the 4.9 star 3.13 million reviews Shazam has vs SH's 4.9 141k reviews. :)

My main gripe is that soundhound doesn’t have a light mode.
I genuinely dislike the dark UI.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I use Shazam, especially when I am listening to a radio station on Apple Music. Some of the stations are TuneIn radio, it’s my way of identifying the song playing.
With that said, something is going on with Shazam. It keeps asking for the Apple ID password everyone you open the app.
There is a thread on the Apple community, of others having the same problem.

Last edited:

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I use it very often.

I do the same when I am watching a movie.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW