iPhone pricing is too damn high. That’s a singular way of expressing a sentiment that’s become all too common since Apple announced the iPhone 10s and 10s Max last September.

Full story from the iMore Blog...
    Annie_M likes this.
    01-31-2019 04:30 PM
    iPhone pricing is too damn high. That’s a singular way of expressing a sentiment that’s become all too common since Apple announced the iPhone 10s and 10s Max last September.

Full story from the iMore Blog...
    Yes it was too high for me, I bought the XS because I needed a new phone, and thought I buy one that would have the longest life in terms of updates. I think perhaps I expected too much for my money,but in my opinion there is not enough difference between my 4S and the new XS to justify the cost. It’s too big, the much vaunted oled screen is hard on my eyes( to read on) and the long thin screen presentation looks wrong.
    02-01-2019 11:13 AM
    I would say it was. To be specific, the X/XS models were too high to justify an annual upgrade. So I kept my X and I don't regret that decision one bit. I can't think of a single thing that the XS would have added to my experience that I couldn't do with the X or that I even needed. I would have been purchasing the phone just to say I have the latest and greatest and maybe I'm just getting older but that's not as important to me anymore.

So I'll be keeping my X and honestly, unless this years models offer something impressive, I could see myself going a third year as long as my X keeps performing well.
    02-01-2019 12:38 PM
    I honestly think the fact that flagship devices are over $1,000 is one reason why the phone market in general is slowing. I'm sure a lot of people see the price, even though most people in the US are on a payment plan, are like, 'yikes'. And with reason; 1k is a lot of money... almost as much as my gaming PC.
    02-01-2019 06:05 PM
    I tend to agree that it was a bit too high. However, I’m wondering if this entire “price gate” issue will benefit us all in the future. I say this because lower sales has certainly gotten Apple’s attention, and I’m sure that other manufacturers are paying very close attention too!
    02-02-2019 09:46 AM
    We have an XS and XS Max in the house, they're great, but there was no interest in upgrading the way it's happened in the past.

For my wife's XS it took kids' hand me down and the way Apple Store had promotions and stacked trades of older devices. For my Max it was also kids hand me down and my demands as an enterprise IT admin. It's a really nice phone but no doubt diminishing returns if I only think about basic functions that my 7 Plus did well.
    02-02-2019 10:13 AM
    Too high for me. I just got a brand new iPhone 6s Plus. I'm content with that for a couple more years. Even the 8 Plus doesn't have anything I just gotta have. The portrait camera option would be nice, but I likely wouldn't use it much. I certainly won't pay $1,000 for not much more than what I have. I never have been one who has to have the latest greatest just because it's there, or because other people have it.
    02-02-2019 01:18 PM
    Part of the problem is the psychological impact of crossing the $1,000 threshold. Another part of the problem is that even two or three year old phones are often good enough.
    imwjl likes this.
    02-04-2019 12:58 PM
    Another factor we need to keep in mind (Apple does as well) is the recent strength of the dollar relative to many other currencies. When a $1,000 is converted into one of these other currencies, the sticker shock for people in those countries is much greater than our United States sticker shock.
    02-04-2019 01:00 PM