Is it worth upgrading if you have the 8 plus?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
That depends on you. To some, upgrading is always worth it, especially if you always want to have the latest model. With that in mind, if having the latest model isn't a primary concern AND your current iPhone is still performing great for you then the answer is no.

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Interesting question. I'm struggling to find out my self. I am afraid I will have some issues with face id. Use my phone in a carholder in my car and with fingerprintsensor that works flawlessly. Same when I have my 8+ at my desk, so easy to unlock with a finger. Worrying that face id don't work as well in those places as fingerprintsensor

Lesawags

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I find the Face reader even more accurate than the finger scanner... as it works pretty close to every single time, day or night. Fingers sometimes are wet or have lotion etc. on them. Just thought I'd let you know to not let that hold you back..

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I have never used the 8 Plus so I can’t speak to whether it would be worth it to you. What I can tell you is that I was very reluctant to give up my home button and Touch ID coming from the 7. To be honest I wasn’t sure I’d keep the XS I ordered but it was love at first sight. It’s a gorgeous phone and unbelievably quick and snappy. The display is beautiful, the sound is beautiful. I got spoiled by the larger screen, gestures and Face ID in less than two hours. Setting up our 7s to hand down to the kids I started feeling like the home button was a PITA, Touch ID inferior and the screen/keyboard cramped. I didn’t need it, wasn’t sure I even wanted it and now you’d have to pry it away from my cold, dead hands. Absolutely worth the jump for me. If you’re on the fence go play with one and see what you think.

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Interesting question. I'm struggling to find out my self. I am afraid I will have some issues with face id. Use my phone in a carholder in my car and with fingerprintsensor that works flawlessly. Same when I have my 8+ at my desk, so easy to unlock with a finger. Worrying that face id don't work as well in those places as fingerprintsensor

FWIW I haven’t had Face ID fail yet. I’ve used the phone in near darkness and while laying flat on the counter. It’s so quick sometimes I don’t even realize it’s already worked until I see the little lock unlocked. I use CarPlay so would not need to use it in my vehicle so that part I can’t help with.

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
FWIW I haven’t had Face ID fail yet. I’ve used the phone in near darkness and while laying flat on the counter. It’s so quick sometimes I don’t even realize it’s already worked until I see the little lock unlocked. I use CarPlay so would not need to use it in my vehicle so that part I can’t help with.

Sound great, the only thing I am worried about is using it in my car. With my 8+ it's sp easy to just press fingerprintsensor and I am in. My carholder isn't placed right in front of me (and my face). It all comes down to how wide the face id camera goes

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73