I broke my iPhone 7, and I'm so glad I didn't have AppleCare+

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I wonder of Serenity would agree with this article. If I recall, she got water damage on her fiancés water resistant iPhone 7 plus.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
This article seems like a bad play on numbers. Last summer I dove into a pond with my 6s Plus to save my then 2 year-old’s life. Because I had AppleCare+ it cost me $100 for a replacement instead of the full cost of a new 128 GB iPhone 6s Plus. I didn’t drop my device twice. I wasn’t super clumsy or careless. I dove into a pond.

Sometimes piece of mind is worth something, even $129 for a $900+ iPhone.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
This article seems like a bad play on numbers. Last summer I dove into a pond with my 6s Plus to save my then 2 year-old’s life. Because I had AppleCare+ it cost me $100 for a replacement instead of the full cost of a new 128 GB iPhone 6s Plus. I didn’t drop my device twice. I wasn’t super clumsy or careless. I dove into a pond.

Sometimes piece of mind is worth something, even $129 for a $900+ iPhone.
Exactly. I also one time dropped my iPhone hard on the corner. Bent the corner of the phone and shattered rhe screen. Paid my deductible for AC and for my phone replaced instead of having to replace the phkn e out of warranty. This article is only comparing for the cost of a shattered screen. Can be very misleading to readers if what happens to a phone with more than just a shattered screen.