President Trump claims Apple planning three major U.S. factories

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
According to President Trump a lot of things are supposed to happen that haven’t yet. I’ll believe it when Apple announces it themselves. :)

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I know Apple has its followers that get a new iPhone every year, they love them and know how much it will cost and have no problem pushing out the money for it. I'm all for American jobs but are they going to jack the prices up on the devices because they have to pay American labor rates? Cook and jobs have said that a plant was never coming to the us because they just couldn't make it financially work and also talk about the work quality of Foxconn employees.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I know Apple has its followers that get a new iPhone every year, they love them and know how much it will cost and have no problem pushing out the money for it. I'm all for American jobs but are they going to jack the prices up on the devices because they have to pay American labor rates? Cook and jobs have said that a plant was never coming to the us because they just couldn't make it financially work and also talk about the work quality of Foxconn employees.

Nothing I'm going to lose sleep over, because it's not going to happen.

It's a strong arm tactic to make Tim look bad for not doing it. I wouldn't bet money on Tim thinking that he wants Trump to feel like an economic success... it's nothing more than a bullet point for him. "Look what I got Apple to do! The biggest company in the world listened to me."

Besides, he's too busy trying to get his face on Mount Rushmore. ;)

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

Nobody has said there would be an iPhone factory. No amount of tax cuts is going to compensate for the lack of skilled, cheap labor required to build an iPhone. The US is good at building capital-intensive goods (i.e. cars), not gadgets.

Will they open factories to build some other good(s)? That’s still yet to be seen.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Apparently the Wisconsin location will be a Foxconn factory making LCD panels for Sharp. It has nothing to do with Apple.

Last edited:

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Let's hope it goes forward and they're not all just minimum wage jobs, or that iPhones suddenly cost $3000.

I personally would love to see more factories and plants that are U.S. based in order to create good paying jobs. As long as it doesn't inflate the cost on consumer products by a wide margin. I know this is wishful thinking. But I hope tax reform helps this get accomplished.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro