Comic: iPads- Are They Real Computers?

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
For my needs, the iPad Pro is more my computer than my Mac. I use it more than my Mac, it’s faster and more portable. It doesn’t replace a desktop or laptop unless you don’t need certain software that is not on iOS. If you don’t need desktop applications and live through cloud services and syncing across iOS devices, then yes, iPad Pro is a computer. If you need terabytes of storage and external screens, go with the Mac. 4K editing and fast rendering, along with 120 refresh rates are possible on iPad Pro, so it is definitely a computer for many people. Trying to upgrade to the new 12.9 inch iPad Pro to replace my 2015 edition. With double the storage from my previous one, I can use cloud services less to download more on device, making it even closer to a real computer.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
No,can't possibly be a computer ! if it doesn't live in an air conditioned barn with it's own chillers,and need a back-up room ditto- it can't be !!

roystreet

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
There's lots of daily work I can do on my iPad now instead of my MacBook. App designs are better now. FileExplorer or Documents 6 are much like the windows file explorer or MacOS Finder. I'm not 100% sure what all the Apple Files will provide differently than those two apps I mentioned.

Funny, people talk about walls...Windows is getting more locked down now..More rigid and more forceful with their updates.

IOS appears to be going towards a little more flexibility.

Apple is doing something different than "the OS that is 'desktop' power and tablet functionally smushed together" like what Microsoft is doing. I'm kinda liking it. I'm not sure totally what its going to look like though.

Although I like my MacBook, I generally want to do some simple things, fairly quickly and iOS usually does this perfectly. A few taps or swipes, a little using my stylus, whoops...I mean my Apple Pencil and I'm done.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner