What would you like to see from iMore in 2017?

johndill17

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Less Rene Ritchie articles. I mean, if he's gonna keep writing extremely biased articles and be entirely condescending and dismissive to non apple products and people who see value in them....then I vote for less or no articles from him. When Apple does something idiotic like removing the headphone jack without giving us something better, we need to hear that. Constant excuses for the Macbook pro issues and not giving credit where credit is due to competitors (unless it's backhanded) is so tired.

Actually I like seeing an Apple fan write about Apple products on an Apple website. Seems appropriate.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Actually I like seeing an Apple fan write about Apple products on an Apple website. Seems appropriate.

I don't think that user realizes Rene is kind of the boss. I remember when iMore used to be called TiPB, and while I don't always agree with Rene, his articles have always been well written and thought out even if with a pro-Apple spin.

johndill17

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I don't think that user realizes Rene is kind of the boss. I remember when iMore used to be called TiPB, and while I don't always agree with Rene, his articles have always been well written and thought out even if with a pro-Apple spin.

TiPB was before my time checking out iMore, I guess. Now I'm curious what it stands for. Yeah, I was thinking that iMore is not the best corner of the Internet to be spending time at if you don't like Rene's writing.

Edit: I checked out iMore's page on Wikipedia. The iPhone Blog. :) Rene took over as managing editor on August 25, 2008 it says. So yeah, he's kind of the boss.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
TiPB was before my time checking out iMore, I guess. Now I'm curious what it stands for. Yeah, I was thinking that iMore is not the best corner of the Internet to be spending time at if you don't like Rene's writing.
TiPB stood for TheiPhoneBlog.com. They only covered iPhone at the time. It was before the iPad, and I don't remember any Mac reporting back then. This was 2008 maybe. I think Dieter over at the Verge ran it before Rene took over.

Zohayer

Dec 20, 2016
Visit site
Hi & Happy New Year!

I think I would like to see more of the tyro content.
Let me elaborate. :angel:

Most of the times, most blogs or reviewers just assume that the reader already has been using an iPhone or a Mac for multiple years or at least owns one. But a lot of people shy away from using Macs or iPads for financial reasons or just out of a fear of the hype. Plus new babies born everyday and don't inherit the knowledge. :D

I don't have and have never used an iPhone but am considering buying one soon. I would like to see a comparison of the user interface, pros & cons etc. from a newbie's perspective.

A weekly or biweekly post covering a light history, general comparisons, even apps should be helpful.

Thanks.

letmefly

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
Hello iMore and a I hope this New Year is going to be a good one. I would like to see more promotional giveaways, contests, and sweepstakes.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Less Rene Ritchie articles. I mean, if he's gonna keep writing extremely biased articles and be entirely condescending and dismissive to non apple products and people who see value in them....then I vote for less or no articles from him. When Apple does something idiotic like removing the headphone jack without giving us something better, we need to hear that. Constant excuses for the Macbook pro issues and not giving credit where credit is due to competitors (unless it's backhanded) is so tired.

I respectfully beg to differ. I enjoy Rene Ritchie's articles and always learn from them.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I would love it if the forum app looked more like to does on the web. I do appreciate the web view option, but wish that it was that way all the time.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Can you explain why it was idiotic of Apple to remove to the headphone socket from their lastest models? And replace it with a second speaker thereby giving stereo sound.
When we are not using headphones.
We are after all supplied with a cable to use normal headphones if we so wish.

It's for haptic engine not a second speaker. The earpiece has this function, now.

Last edited:

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I would love it if the forum app looked more like to does on the web. I do appreciate the web view option, but wish that it was that way all the time.

LOTS of great forum design work going on as we speak. Appreciate this feedback.

We will work to try and make the forums app experience as consistent as possible :)

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
LOTS of great forum design work going on as we speak. Appreciate this feedback.

We will work to try and make the forums app experience as consistent as possible :)

Hey James, when are the winners going to be announced? ^_^ I'm trying to play it cool and calm but that iMore Swag is making me so so excited haha. A closing date for this would be fine. Just so i can look forward to a date where i may or may not win. :D

fury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
While you're overhauling the forums, I was wondering if it would be possible to have a more all-encompassing view of forum threads. Right now everything is split out into iPhone 7, 7 plus, 6, SE, etc., and then there's this general iPhone forum, each of which look a little lonely by themselves, and together get a smattering of threads which are more related than you may think (e.g. discussions of the new home button are probably relevant to both 7 and 7 plus users). If there were some way to view a list of all threads under all subforums alongside all threads in the forum itself, that would make the iPhone forum view more useful, I'd think. Much in the same way that a Discourse forum has a view where the category is shown as a tag-like thing -- see for example Discourse's own forums, where all threads are visible in chronological order, the "category" (subforum) is listed with a little colored dot. That kind of forum layout feels like all the discussions would get more visibility.

I know that part of the reason they're split into separate forums is for SEO, but that also gets in the way of staying up to date on all of the discussions if I have to jump in and out of each forum.

Thanks for all the hard work you guys & gals.

GraphicMac

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Stop posting "Roundup" articles of any kind.
Fix the random glitches on the site, such as the inability to click the Comment button on an article and have it do anything at all. There are too many minor things like that happening all the time.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
It's a shame no winners were selected, but still happy to spend time giving feedback with no reward. Anything to make the site a little better. :)

Shanicenicolle

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to see less split out articles. For example there are like 20 posts on how to use the touch bar in different apps. It gets cumbersome to find content on the site when it's flooded with similar articles.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods