Apple comments on 'Error 56', looking into reports of affected iPads

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Too many issues and errors with updates this and last year. Not acceptable with all this open beta testing they do.

Last year, I believe it was 8.0.1 or something around there that broke cellular after the update. Then just a couple of months ago an issue with updates going bad on older devices. And now this.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I wouldn't say it's gone really bad. iOS is still way more dependable than Android. If we are just judging Apple against itself then I agree that quality has gone down some.

It has gone bad with issues with updates. You never saw this until last year.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

My original reply was more focused on iOS in general. That being said, updates have been terrible. I was just listening to MacBreak Weekly this morning and Andy Ihnatko was talking about how he now hesitates and then installs the "update to the update" on his iPhone. Even a day or two with a worthless iPhone, waiting for another update to be pushed out, is too long.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

True, but they've added a lot of new stuff. More features and new technology like 3D Touch. Even so, they should have caught this in beta. I saw where one user had it happen in beta. He reported it and was waiting for a replacement. Maybe they have a communication problem.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
True, but they've added a lot of new stuff. More features and new technology like 3D Touch. Even so, they should have caught this in beta. I saw where one user had it happen in beta. He reported it and was waiting for a replacement. Maybe they have a communication problem.

Adding new stuff is never an excuse for errors with updates.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
No, because they should be more aware of the propensity for more errors, and pay more attention to what the testers report.

And now the update has been pulled for 9.7 Pro.

This is getting too common with updates from Apple. They had to pull an update in March for many devices. Good job Apple.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2